Child Themes

Hello,

I’ve tried to make a child theme for Shapely and have come across some difficulties.
When I try to load the style.css for the child theme some of the css for the parent theme loads, but not all of it. For instance, some of the buttons will change color and become curved. The spacing in the portfolio section gets wider and just in general it isn’t the same as the parent style.

This is without any adjustment to the child style.css.

Any thoughts?

Hi @justinmhein,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Could you please share me the child theme that you are using so that i can troubleshoot it on my test site?

Also please share me the page URL from your site where it’s happening.

Kind Regards,
Movin

The site with this child theme on it was taken down. But the parent theme is running at ce.justinhein.co
Would it help if I set up a live environment running the attached child theme?

I used your shared child theme and it seems it is developed in correctly so could you please try using the attached child theme of Shapely theme?

Hello, I tried to install this and activate it and now i’m getting this error:

‘’
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c08/h02/mnt/116636/domains/auragami.la/html/wp-content/themes/shapely/inc/widgets/widget-home-clients.php:1) in /nfs/c08/h02/mnt/116636/domains/auragami.la/html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1171

was I not supposed to install the child theme like how we upload regular themes?

Hello, I tried to install this and activate it and now i’m getting this error:

This is not the issue of child theme but the shapely theme issue.

This is a simple PHP warning/notice and most of the time it doesn’t affect functionality of site so it is nothing to worry about!

Do you have WP_DEBUG set to true in your wp-config.php file?

If you do then please set it to false.
This will hide the warning messages and you will be able to use your site normally.

To resolve this warning message you can either update your PHP version on the server to the latest version or try using the custom solution posted in the following reply.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/add-clients-widget-broken-double-page-titles/page/2/#post-54965

was I not supposed to install the child theme like how we upload regular themes?

You can install the child theme like how we upload regular themes.

Hello Movin. Thank you for getting back to me. My WP_DEBUG is already set to false. Is there something else that could be causing this? I’m still getting the errors.

@auragami Are you getting these warning messages if you just use Shapely parent theme and not its child theme?

To resolve this warning message you can either update your PHP version on the server to the latest version or try using the custom solution posted in the following reply.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/add-clients-widget-broken-double-page-titles/

I have the same issue with https://shop.amir-rahbaran.com/

I’m having the same issue, not all styles are loaded into the child theme via functions.php (use version 1.0.5 from Github):

functions.php:

<?php
function my_theme_enqueue_styles() {

$parent_style = 'parent-style'; // shapely	
    wp_enqueue_style( $parent_style, get_template_directory_uri() . '/style.css' );
    wp_enqueue_style( 'child-style',
        get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . '/style.css',
        array( $parent_style ),
        wp_get_theme()->get('Version')
    );
}
add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'my_theme_enqueue_styles' );

add_filter( 'woocommerce_product_tabs', 'woo_remove_product_tabs', 98 );

function woo_remove_product_tabs( $tabs ) {

unset( $tabs['description'] );      	// Remove the description tab
    unset( $tabs['reviews'] ); 			// Remove the reviews tab
    unset( $tabs['additional_information'] );  	// Remove the additional information tab

return $tabs;

}

remove_action( 'woocommerce_single_product_summary', 'woocommerce_template_single_price', 10 );
add_action( 'woocommerce_single_product_summary', 'woocommerce_template_single_price', 25 );

?>

The whole style works with @import url("…/shapely/style.css");

If you’re interested to answer on Stack Overflow, I also posted the question there:

@amir To help us keep support thread separates could you please create your own thread for your question here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/shapely/ instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.