"Classic" website template mobile question

Hello,
I designed a couple of websites with Classic website template since 2019 when it was free.

Now I bought it. It is a very good, simple universal template. Thanks for the free period:)

I know the code adequately.
What I don’t find where is the:

• body font size on mobile (on mobile phone! not on desktop)
  • font size of roll down menu on mobile (not desktop)

On desktop I can find the css lines with (Chrome) browser examination, but on mobile phone I don’t know how to do this.

Your help is appreciated. And if you can give a recommendation how to identify css lines on mobile mode, also thank you for that.

Thanks,
Steven

Hi Steven

Thanks for choosing our templates.
If you cant find font sizes for any element for mobile then most probably its not there and you need to create it, simply add all your css modifications in any CSS file at the bottom or just add a link your customization CSS file in the templates,

Hope this is clear

Thank you.
I understand perfectly, but sorry I am a kinda noob.
I know how to modify things, but I don’t know how to refer to new things.
There could be a size for the body text element for mobile, but I simply don’t know how to find it. Because on mobile there is not a developer window for Chrome.
And maybe - you say - it is not there.

For desktop this is the very first part of the style.css

body {

font-family: 'Segoe UI', sans-serif;
font-weight: 400;
font-size: 15px;
line-height: 1.8em;
color: #363636;

There are 7 css files. It is not there?

You mentioned 1 year support when I bought this template couple of days ago.

I think it is not more than 1-5 lines to solve this.
Could you please help me what to write to changing body font-size for mobile?
(Menu font-size for mobile is not so important, but if you could tell me, too, it would be great.)

If this forum is not for programming support, (or if the support is not for programming support) please tell me.

Thank you,

Steven

Sorry, I forgot to tell, this is important because Google Search gives an error message, that the site is not “mobile friendly” , mobile body font is too small.

Thank you, if you can help. See my comment right above.
Steven

Hi there

Sure I can help you, but first I recommend you to check this link, :wink:

in order to apply css for mobile-only you need to wrap the code in the mobile query:

@media only screen and (max-width: 600px) { 
body {
font-size: 18px;
}
}

Everything added in the media query will be applied only for small screen devices under predefined pixels

What I recommend is to load your customization CSS into new file instead of modifying exiting css code, (Its ok as well), check this link: How to add CSS

Also, check this out: How to view Mobile Version of a Website on Chrome | BrowserStack

Thank you very much. I did not have time to try it, but there is a way to go. I hope it will work.
Thanks again.
Steven

Let me know if you need anything else Steven :slight_smile: