color of background and font in comment boxes

Hi,

I’m using dark colors (gray, black, etc.) for my website and I want to also change the comment boxes to darker colors (and make the font a lighter color of course). I’ve figured out the bit of code for changing the colors of the “comments” box, but once a comment is actually posted, it goes back to the white background. My url is benboorstein.com - if you just click on one of the articles with comments and scroll down to the comments posted you’ll see what I mean. Is there a bit of code I could add to my “additional CSS” section in WP to change the background color and the font color?

Thank you!
Ben

Hi there

Hope you are having a good day and thank you for your question :slight_smile:
In order to check your question i need to see your live website, please provide url and i will take a look

Hi,

I provided it in my above paragraph. It’s benboorstein.com. Hope you’re having a good day, too!

Thanks again!

Good morning

Ups, sorry :slight_smile:
add this code and let me know if it worked:

.comment .comment-body {
background-color: #000000;
border: 1px solid #696969;
border-bottom: 1px solid #696969;
}
.comment-list .children {
border-left: 1px solid #696969;
}
input[type=“text”], input[type=“email”], input[type=“tel”], input[type=“url”], input[type=“password”], input[type=“search”], textarea {
background: black;
}

No problem! This works perfectly, thank you! But one more quick related question (last one, I promise, at least for a while!): If you go, for example, to the bottom of the page here https://benboorstein.com/2019/01/07/two-little-mirrors/, how would I also make the “name”, “email”, and “website” blocks a different color? I just want these blocks to be consistent in color. Thank you!

Good morning

Are you sure the last css is also included?

input[type=”text”], input[type=”email”], input[type=”tel”], input[type=”url”], input[type=”password”], input[type=”search”], textarea {
background: black;
}

:slight_smile:

Hi,

Yes, that CSS is definitely in there. But I suppose it’s possible that I have some other code in there that’s undermining this code you gave me. I need to do a little process of elimination to figure out whether this is the case or not, but I haven’t had time yet. Please keep this thread open, because I will definitely get back to you on this!

Thanks again!

Good morning

Ok, :slight_smile: im always here, let me know if you need my help