Confused with Page title and H1

hello,
with this theme, I have a couple of pages with a page title and I add another H1 Titlle, but I get following error with
Yoast Seo:

Single title: H1s should only be used as your main title. Find all H1s in your text that aren't your main title and change them to a lower heading level!

So, page title is used as H1?
Best Regards,

hey there

Can you please add a little bit more details? please provide a link to the page under the test

Hello,
yes, I tested my pages thru Yoast Seo and gave me this error:

Single title: H1s should only be used as your main title. Find all H1s in your text that aren’t your main title and change them to a lower heading level!

But I only have one H1 title “Disfruta la mejor comida preparada a domicilio.” at https://yococino.cl . Yoast Seo highlight as a duplicated H1.

The only thing that I think is that title of the page is considered as H1

any idea?
Best Regards

Hey there

Well, as i can see second h1 tag is added by you, by default theme has h1 tag added, so you don’t need to add other h1 tags on the page,

Hello,
I think I’ve got the same proble with 2 H1 on the same page and I guess it comes from the sidebar as on webdeveloper tool it says “H1 = post navigation” with all H3 = all my widgets

example : https://lamariniereenvoyage.com/arles-en-une-journee-que-faire-que-voir/
but it happens on all my posts + homepage.
However, I can’t find anything in the sidebar theme code…

Would you have any idea where this does come from ?
Thank you in advance for your precious help !
Céline

hi Céline

Once you open your page use right-click and then “view page source” after this search for h1 tags on the page to see the reference of the text

Hi Noda,
Thank you very much for your help !
Here is what I get : <nav class=“navigation post-navigation” role=“navigation”>
<h1 class=“screen-reader-text”>Navigation d’article</h1>
<div class=“nav-links”>
Where am I able to change it in my theme code ?
Thand you and take care,
Céline

Hi Celine

Its added by Jetpack related projects, deactivate it and check again, please

Thank you Noda, I was able to solve the problem with your help :slight_smile:
Have a great day ahead !

You are welcome :slight_smile:

I will close this case now, Feel free to contact us again if you have other questions

Thanks!