contact form 7 in different languages

hi–

I was wondering if you could help with setting contact form 7 to display in different languages on the front page in Illdy. I found this thread on jumbotron translation and followed it to letter. Everything works: jumbotron buttons, various sections but I can’t get the contact form 7 to switch languages.

I am using Polylang, have the forms translated but Customizer in Illdy allows to assign only one contact form to “Contact Us” section and I could not find anything in the above thread on how to solve this problem with pll_e 's.

thank you very much in advance

jacek

Hello jacek

No need to assign different contact forms if you translated contact form then it should be displayed on different languages on different pages
you may also need to use this plugin:

please check instruction video on the page

hi Noda–

thank you for your quick reply. Contact form 7 works exactly as you described on all pages, except on the Front Page. I have a different language assigned to the second front page and yet it only displays the language version of the contact form that is assigned in Customizer.
am I missing a setting somewhere?

thanks again

Jacek

Hello,

I hope you are doing well today.

You may have a different contact form for the front page so please try checking the front page form to ensure that it is the correct form.

Best Regards,
Support

hi–

thanks for your suggestion. I made sure I have the correct contact form is assigned to the Front Page but it is still showing up only in one language.

To verify the issue, I created a test website with just Polylang and contact form 7 plugins and the behavior of the Front Page does not change. Other pages differentiate between the languages of the contact form while the Front Page in Illdy does not. I am stumped.

Jacek

Hello Jacek

Please show me your website

hi Noda–

I created an admin account:
user id: Colorlib
password: Colorlib@007!!

the login page is:
http://wordpress1865650.home.pl/test_wordpress/wp-admin/

many thanks in advance

Jacek

Hello,

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused here.

I read the description for the CF7 Polylang plugin and it needs to have the Smart Grid-Layout Design for Contact Form 7 – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org plugin installed in order to work properly.

Best Regards,
Support

hi–

thanks for exploring my issue and a new suggestion. However, I have had this plugin installed all along.

Jacek

Hello,

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused here.

I just want to confirm the issue here. The contact form on the other pages are translated but the one on the homepage remains in English, correct?

Best Regards,
Support

yes, that is correct. I tried setting up a test website with nothing else but the plugins required for language translation and the problem remains.

thanks for any help you can provide

Jacek

hello, just wondering if you had any luck with deciphering this mystery with the e-mail form language setting on the front page
thanks
Jacek

Jacek is tie multilanguage setup finished? i can’t see the page set up for one or another language, it’s kind of same for every language…

P.s. also, try to research your question in the net because its related contact form 7 translation and you may find the answer fasten

I appreciate your suggestion but I don’t believe the issue is with contact form 7.

The plugin correctly identifies languages and displays appropriate version of the contact form on all pages, except for the illdy front page.

I created a test website with no other plugins installed but the ones required to make contact form 7 work with multiple languages and the problem persists:

http://wordpress1865650.home.pl/test_wordpress/

the front page displays the contact form language version that was assigned in the customizer, refusing to switch to the other language.

I guess at this point I will need to have both languages displayed on one general contact form, unless there is a way to somehow “force” the correct version?

Jacek

Hello,

The front page is using a widget so translating that can be tricky. Please try using this guide to have the contact form use your language:

Best Regards,
Support

You may take a look at this awesome plugin that allows you to translate single words or sentences.

Say What Plugin

Once you have installed and activated the plugin you may navigate to Tools>Text Changes>Add New within your WordPress Dashboard and configure the fields as illustrated below.

Original string: search
Text domain: shapely
Text context:
Replacement string: translation here

Thanks.

Hi william914,

Thanks for helping.

The link was removed from that post.

Cheers

For using CF7 on multilanguage websites you can also try this new plugin: Multilingual Contact Form 7 with Polylang – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org

Ok, thanks for sharing that info but this ticket is a little bit outdated