Create byline for posts under post headline for Sparkling WordPress theme

Hello there, I’d like to add a byline to show underneath each posts headline, as in the attached image sample.

I saw in the stylesheet that there is a byline tag, how can I implement this?

Regards and thanks,

Nik

Nik,

Could you please try to attach screenshot that you have mentioned but I don’t see it attached.

If you want to add any content (HTML, text, etc) under each post headline you can just edit content-single.php and add your code right after this line <h1 class="entry-title "><?php the_title(); ?></h1>

Let me know if this helps.

Forget to mention that byline used for this theme is information about author and not some call for action or other information.

Hm weird I added it. Hope it works now.

I did it, like this!

Thanks!!

Can you tell me how to decrease the spacing after the h1 so it moves up closer?

You can remove margin below entry-title by adding this code to Appearance >> Theme Options >> Other >> Custom CSS.

.single .entry-title {
  margin-bottom: 10px;
}

You can tweak pixel value to get the results you were looking for.

Let me know if there is anything else.

AWESOME!

Works! Thanks!

Aigars, is there a way to show the byline on the homepage as well? The byline now only shows when people click on the post, but I’d also like it to show up in the post feed on the homepage.

Is this possible?

Do the same thing you did before but this time you have to edit content.php file and add your code right after this line on that file:

<h1 class="entry-title"><a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>" rel="bookmark"><?php the_title(); ?></a></h1>

Let me know if this is what you were looking for.

Haha, fantastic! I’m so glad I picked this theme for my blog because the support is just outstanding! Can I send you some money on PayPal Aigars? You’ve been so helpful it’s not even funny!

I’m glad I could help! :slight_smile:

Donation wouldn’t hurt either and my PayPal ID is a.silkalns[at]gmail.com (replace [at] with @).

Thank you! I really appreciate it.

Sent you something. Hope it finds you well!

Thanks again and if you ever want to see the results of all your help, my blog is niklasgoeke.com

Cheers!

Awesome! Thank you for your contribution. I highly appreciate it!

You’re welcome! Keep up the great work!