Cropping of featured images on Home page

Hi, Support,

I would like to know the size of featured image on Home page. Right now, it’s cropped but if I know the size that I can resize images into so that it won’t be cropped, it’d be awesome!
By the way, I tried “Appearance > Editor > Functions and search for the content ` add_image_size( ‘activello-featured’, 1170, 550, true );” but nothing happened.
so rather than website aoutcrop images, I thought I’d make it into the size that fit.
Please see the attached.

Thanks a million in advance.

Hi there,
Thanks for reaching out.
Relating to your question here, the code you actually referenced is where the adjustment can be carried out. In a case where you alter that size, you will also need to install this plugin (Regenerate Thumbnails – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org) and regenerate the images otherwise the changes will not reflect.

Hope this helps.
Best Regards,
Support.

Thank you for your reply.

Ummm, still not doing anything. Is this code for featured image on HP or on blog page? Well, there is no change in both, though.
I’m afraid that I’m doing something fundamentally wrong…
I’m attaching some screen shots to see if this is what you mean.

So for now, I have made 1170X550 image and using it as featured image.
Do you have any other suggestions?

Much appreciated!

Hi

Code change should work, if its not working let me check it please use this plugin to create temporary access for us, its automatic login link and does not requires sharing your admin details. here is How To guide. at the and don’t forget about  “Set as private reply” at the bottom of the message box