CSS for adding more icons to social menu

I am trying to get the RSS icon into the social menu. However, I am new to this and I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I have created a child theme and tried adding some code to the stylesheet (style.css). I think it should be something like:

.social-menu ul li a[href*="mysite.com/feed"]::before {
    content: "\f09e";
}

But there is something (or everything) wrong and I can’t get it to work. Any help would be appreciated!

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

In this case, if there are social media options that you want to add that are not available then it would be better to use a plugin to add them. Here are a few options:

Best Regards,
Support

Thanks, but I don’t want to add social media options as sharing buttons in general. I am interested in having the RSS symbol appear in the “Top Social” menu in the top bar (next to the search symbol). The plugins don’t seem to do that.

I tried changing the _socials.scss (in newspaper-x/assets/sass/navigation), but that didn’t seem to do anything.

Hello there,

Try changing the href feed to “yoursite.com/feed”, if this does not work then you would have to enlist the aid of our developer using the following link:

https://colorlib.com/out/envatostudio

Best Regards,
Support