Cusomizing Parallax Widget

Hi,

I would like to customize the parallax section. In particular, I would like to:

(1) put an additional background image (I already have one image in position “left”)

(2) change the size of the image in left (or right) position

(3) create new text paragraphs by starting new lines or inserting blank ones

Is that possible? How?

Thanks for the nice theme.

Fede

Thank you for the look of this theme …however it is of no use for adding content.
I am about to abandon col Colorlib today and look for another provider as the parallax section is just not workable.

PLEASE MAKE THE PARALLAX SECTION CUSTOMIZEABLE.
The text area in particular lacks basic functionality. Should be able to at least put spaces in to create separate paragraphs or a list without all the text being joined together.

The other colorlib themes aren’t modern enough (full width) apart from illdy which does not support woo commerce…

I really like the theme, but i also would like to create new text paragraphs by starting new lines or inserting blank ones Parallax Widget.

Or at least a workaround to be able to use html

Can anyone please answer?

@stephwilderness @groggy You can try achieving this by using the above shared custom plugin.

Thank you very much!

You are most welcome here :slight_smile:

I use this plugin. It works - I can write tags with text in “parallax” section
But…
When I activate it - all previous “parallax” sextions disapeared :frowning: And I must to create all new.

@diametry

This is because this plugin deletes the existing parallax widget and adds new parallax widget having extra functionality so please readd the new parallax widget in the Homepage widget area and configure it

Thanks! Your support is very cool!

You are always welcome here :slight_smile:

As always, thanks for your great support. I am now able to use <p> for paragraphs. Any way to also make line breaks i.e. without a blank line such as using <br>?

Also, I seem to have lost my anchor links e.g. #shapely_home_parallax-2 when I used the proposed plugin. Is there a way to resolve this issue?

@windelid

To help us keep support thread separates could you please create your own thread for your question here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/shapely/ instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.

Dear Movin,

First of all let me say that I am very happy with the shapely theme and the modern and clean look of it. I am using it now for a customer chromestiletto.com. Unfortunately when I use the parallax client section to add extra logo’s to this section (i do this via the widgets back-end in wordpress) the numbering of the logo’s do not increase. It seems to be making a copy of the first logo and then showing this in the widget area. Somehow now I can’t add new logo’s. Is this a familiar problem and is there a solution for this.

Many thanks.
Rafdari

Hi Rafdari,

Please read my previous reply that i posted.

Hi Movin,

Following-up on the main topic of this thread, I’m looking to have the text (aka the content) spanning about 3/4 across the parallax widget, with my cartoon profile picture beside it on the left. Ideally the cartoon picture should be sized no larger than 300x300 px (it’s 600x600 px) to compensate for retina monitors.

At the moment, this script you shared with the original poster does change the width but it’s not quite achieving exactly what I’m after. Here’s what I am trying:

.shapely_home_parallax img.cast-shadow {
width: 300px;
}

My website is http://photograpreneur.ca - thanks!

@photogirl84 To help us keep support thread separates could you please create your own thread for your question here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/shapely/ instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.

Hey,

I simply want to add a background video to the parallax widget, and same time shown the txt content&buttons. How can I make this happen. Spent hours already on looking and testing plugins. Can someone help me out? Cheers

@sebas Didn’t you see my previous reply to create separate topic?

Hey, yes sure, I did read the whole discussion and tried everything. But it did not work.
As I said I would simply like to add instead of an image a video as background.
Is this possible?
Cheers