Custom Features

Hello,

Been having quite a bit of trouble trying to tweak some small things on my Wordpress and would appreciate any help if you can. (website is http://blog.roeyyohaiphotography.com/) Tried looking at previous threads on, which helped with some issues, but stuck on these last few items.

1. How can I have the photo galleries in a post display as a masonry grid like the in the demo? By default it is a grid, but not masonry style. I tried to install a plug in to do this, but it loads the images way too slow. Also would like to be able to control the space between each image if possible.

2. How can I make the category of each post not appear, on the main page and on their separate posts? How can I make the comments not show on the main page? Just want to make it look overall more clean and simple.

3. How can I make the logo appear small once you’ve clicked on a post? Is this possible?

4. Does the default header come with the ability to change the photos to picked images instead of the latest posts? Had to install a plugin to create a custom header, but now it appears on the main page and each post page which I’m not a fan of.

So glad you guys have this forum and once again any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Yasma

Hey there,
Hope you’re doing well today

1. The Masonry look actually comes from having varying title, featured image and excerpt heights, it isn’t actually an option to turn on or off.

2. Kindly add and save the following code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS:

li.cat-item {
display: none!Important;
}

For the comments, could you provide me with a link to your site so that I can have a look at this and provide you with the right code?

1. Not sure I’m understanding this query. Could you provide me with a site that has an example of this?

2. This header actually only uses the featured images of your blog posts. There isn’t an option to change the images unless you’re changing the featured images.

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support

Hi Support,

Great the categories code worked! Thank you for that code.

1. Where in the settings can I change the excerpt heights or create a masonry look like the photo gallery in your demo: https://colorlib.com/activello/template-featured-image-vertical/ They have a lightbox viewing of each image that I would also like to use on my site as well.

2. Here is a link to the blog again to find the comments code please: http://blog.roeyyohaiphotography.com

3. I can’t find an example of a blog with that code. I’m meaning a different smaller logo on the posts page. Hope that makes sense.

4. Recommend any responsive slider headers pluggins?

5. Can I customize the social icons to be near my search bar on the right side?

6. Is there a code to remove the two horizontal lines above my header on the posts page.

Thanks mucho for your help.

Hello there

My customize menu is suddenly gone and its replaced by some other menus (see in attachment screenshot)
Please can you advise how to get back Customize menu.

Thank you in advance

BR

Igor

@Igor To help us keep support thread separates could you please create new thread for each of your other questions here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/activello/ instead of asking them in your single thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.

Hi Movin,

Can you please help resolve the issues in the thread I mentioned? The biggest issue is just making the photo gallery appear the same as it is in the demo. Would love any feedback.

Thanks,
Yasma

Hi @roeyyohaiphotography,
Thanks for keeping in touch with us.

1. In regards to the gallery, the masonry grid actually comes from having images of varying sizes. If you have two images of the same dimensions next to each other then it won’t look masonry, Put a bunch of images of different sizes together, and things start to look the way you want it to. From what I’m seeing on your site, you may just need to reorder the images a bit more, especially the top portion.

2. For the comments, I’m no longer seeing those so I’m guessing this issue has been resolved?

3. For the Social Media Icons in the header, you may use the CSS below to move them to the right side:

.navbar-nav .menu-item.social-icon.facebook {
    margin-left: 350px;
}

Add and save the code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS.

1. To remove the two lines you may add the code below:

.cat-title {
border: none!Important;
}
div#line {
display: none!important;
}

1. In regards to a responsive header plugin, I’m not entirely sure of one that works perfectly, however, you can search www.wordpress.org/plugins/ or codecanyon.net and find one that suits your needs the best.

2. For the smaller logo question, you may use this CSS below to achieve this:

.single-post img.custom-logo {
max-width: 50%!Important;
}

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support

All of the codes worked perfectly! Thank you so much for all your help. Couldn’t have done it without you. My hero. <3
-Yasma

You’re most welcome.

Please let me know if there are any other questions that I may help with. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support