Customization: Elementor plugin for Shapely vs Paid Themes

From what I understand (correct me if I’m wrong), there is this plug-in for WordPress that’s called Elementor. With it installed in WordPress, you can take Emmy possible WordPress theme and completely customize it wherever and however you want and has a very simple drag-drop functionality with which you can add anything you want to any theme, or any section of it. So, for example, if I have this plug installed I can tweak any aspect of the shapely theme at will. Essentially making Shapley a fully customizable template/theme (as if it was a paid theme). Is all this so?

On the other hand, there are other themes in your website that are paid ones unlike shapely which is free. Again, I understand that your paid themes are much more customizable than your free ones. What exactly does that mean? Does it mean that you can change any single thing you want on them? Add to them? All without CSS codes etc.? Would a paid seam be more customizable than a free one using the elementor plug-in or some other one that you can propose which will enable us to do whatever we want with Shapely that’s not natively possible with it?

Do you maybe have a video that shows the difference between the free and the paid ones with regards to customization?

I have also not understood how your support for the paid themes differs to the forum one for the free ones. Is there, for example, a 24/7 live chat support for them?

Hi there,

Thanks for the question

Thank you for reaching out and for your interest in our themes. You are correct about Elementor - it is a powerful plugin that allows for extensive customization of WordPress themes, including Shapely. With Elementor, you can easily modify and personalize various aspects of the theme without needing to write any code.

As for our paid themes, they do offer even more customization options compared to our free themes. This means that you can have greater control over the design and functionality of the theme, and can make changes and additions without the need for CSS codes. If you are looking for a more advanced level of customization, our paid themes would be a great option.

We don’t have a specific video that compares the customization options between free and paid themes, but we do have detailed documentation and support available to assist you with any questions or concerns.

If you have any further questions or need assistance with anything specific, please feel free to ask. We are here to help!

Thank you for your reply!

Would you say that using Elementor for customizing a free theme of yours, for example Shapely, would allow me to customize the theme more than is natively possible with your paid themes?

Do all your paint themes offer the (seemingly) very simplistic, and user-friendly, drag and drop functionality that Elementor does?

And, if I go with your paid theme option will there be any reason to use Elementor as well, or would the plug-in not add anything to the paid theme’s customization?

Asked, if I understood correctly, your paint themes are a one-off purchase, and not an annual “rental”, and any updates to the themes are made for free from then on. Correct? If I’ve also understood correctly, the Elementor plug-in is a perpetual “rental”. If so, then after designing my website with it, will I still need it for anything after I’ve built the site (editing, updating/adding/removing content etc)?

Hi @noun

Thank you for reaching out and for your interest in our themes and Elementor!

Using Elementor with our free theme, such as Shapely, does indeed allow for more extensive customization compared to the native options available in the theme. Elementor offers a very user-friendly drag-and-drop functionality that can enhance the customization experience.

Our paid themes also offer a range of customization options, but adding Elementor can provide even more flexibility and creative control. It can be used in conjunction with our paid themes to further enhance the customization possibilities.

Regards,

Thank you for your reply.

No what I meant to compare are the customization options between A) a free theme like shapely using Elementor, with B) a paid theme without Elementor.

Which of the two options will offer more customization, and a more user friendly experience?

*I understand that using Elementor with a paid theme would be even more ideal, but wanted your insight about how the above 2 scenarios would compare.

Also, from your paid themes, can you suggest a couple that have parallax effects like Shapely, but also a hover effect when you hover over buttons, and also a slider area to scroll through buttons/thumbnails?

Hey there.

Dear @noun, I believe you should consider learning more about free and paid themes. Premium and paid themes typically provide greater flexibility, customizability, and support compared to free themes. I recommend reviewing themes and selecting one that best suits your needs, as most themes offer parallax features and various hover animations.

Regards,

I will, of course, but since all this is new to me and there is so much to read so I will be able to understand how the options compare to each other, I was just asking whether you could give me a brief answer since you are experts. Which offers more customization, and drag m drop ease: a free theme of yours using the elementor plugin, or a paid/premium theme of yours without the elementor plugin?

Can you please answer me this in a brief 2-3 sentence reply so that I know which option to start reading up on in detail?

Thanks! :pray::slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @noun

I hope you are doing well today :slight_smile:

" a free theme of yours using the elementor plugin, or a paid/premium theme of yours without the elementor plugin?" - I would recommend to use Paid theme with or without Elementor and with paid support :slight_smile:

I hope this helps, let me know if there is anything else.

Regards,

ah, ok, so if your answer to “Which offers more customization, and drag n drop ease: a free theme of yours using the Elementor plugin, or a Paid/Premium theme of yours without the Elementor plugin?”, is “a Paid theme with or without Elementor” (meaning that your Paid Themes will offer more customization and drag-n-drop ease than what Elementor can do for me if I am using a free theme of yours), then please send me a link that shows what your paid themes can do customization-wise! :slight_smile:

Hi there

We do not have paid WordPress themes, @noun, and it does not work like this. I highly recommend that you learn more about WordPress, themes, plugins, and Elementor as well. Solely relying on my suggestion, you should not build or start building any website. It is important for you to research and find the best theme and plugins for your needs.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

ok… I really don’t understand what you mean by saying that you don’t have any paid WordPress themes… Above you wrote: “about Elementor - it is a powerful plugin that allows for extensive customization of WordPress themes, including Shapely. With Elementor, you can easily modify and personalize various aspects of the theme without needing to write any code. As for our paid themes, they do offer even more customization options compared to our free themes.”. Unless I am not reading correctly, in the context of WordPress themes that we were discussing, that you replied to, you elaborated that your paid (WordPress themes) offer more customization. Now you’re saying that you don’t offer page WordPress themes… Sorry, but I’m really lost.

You are also saying that “it doesn’t work like that” but you don’t explain what “that” is. Nor how “it” works.

As I am new to all this, and I’m trying to build a site on my own while learning in the process, I have been looking into Elementor, into WordPress, into everything. But due to my next-to-zero base knowledge to understand what I am reading, I am getting way too much information from everything I’m reading and getting confused. So I thought I would ask you since I assumed that with your expert knowledge on WordPress, Themes, Elementor etc. you would be able to simplify things for me and make them more understandable with a couple of sentences.

But anyway, thank you for your replies.

Hi @noun

Yes, that’s correct. We do not have a WordPress theme to sell; we only sell HTML templates.
You can explore our blog for reviews of various paid themes from different industries, and consider them for your needs.

However, providing recommendations is beyond the scope of my support. My expertise lies in assisting with themes and templates. If you encounter any issues with them, I can certainly help. Let’s focus on what we currently offer.

Regards,

1 Like

Ok understood. Thank you.

You are most welcome @noun

If there is anything else just let me know :slight_smile:

Regards,

1 Like