Customizer not loading

Hey,

I’m having a problem very similar to the one in this thread (which was resolved but without a clear indication as to how):

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/shapely-theme-customize-has-stopped-working-please-help/

I am attaching a picture of what it looks like to me.

I’ve tried emptying the cache and all that but the same problem also happens on a different browser so that’s not the problem.

I’ve also tried the solutions suggested in the other thread (making sure the companion is activated, disabling all other plug-ins) but to no avail. It was working well, I played around with the header, changing the logo and the tab icon, and then the customiser stopped loading (both the site logo and tab icon also fail to display).

Any help is welcome!

Best,

J.

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

Please go to Dashboard > Updates and install all pending updates also check to ensure you are using WordPress version 4.9.4.

Best Regards,
Support

Hi!
Yes, I’m all up to date: WordPress, plugins and all.
Anything comes to mind?

Hello there,

I am not sure what is causing this.
Are there other issues that may be co related?

Best Regards,
Support

So far as I can see, the logo and tab icon are the only things that do not work at present (beyond the customiser not loading, of course). And they were the elements I was working on right before the loading stopped. I am currently making some changes in the content from the dashboard and all seems to be working well.

Anything?

Hello there,

At this point, can you please provide me with temporary login credentials in a private reply to have a look at this issue?

Best Regards,
Support

Yes, we can do that. In the meantime, I just did a backup and got the following error message which might give a clue:
WARNING: Folder “/homepages/5/d723369156/htdocs/app723417008/.metadata” is not readable!

Hey,
Here is access to the site:
Address: http://europeanconstitution.eu/wp-admin/
Login: ColorlibSupport
Password: gYA0D48Cf#uAH^T(
Kindly keep me posted.
Best,
J.

Hello there,

I checked the back-end and the only difference here is the 1&1 Assistant, which I have not used before but I can see that it has integrated itself in the theme customizer so it may be limiting the theme options.

Best Regards,
Support

Hi,
Thanks for checking. This is quite surprising, especially since it was all working well for days and just stopped all of a sudden. What do you recommend?
Best,

Hello there,

Before it stopped working, did you update or change anything?

Best Regards,
Support

Update, no. Change, yes. I was trying out versions of the logo and the tab icon. I changed both a few times and that’s when it stopped working. To me that seems to match the error I got upon backup, which specifically had trouble accessing the header (cf. message above).

So, what is the way forward?

HI there

Fixed, go ahead and check customizer, its working normally,
You can delete plugin file manager installed by me

Wonderful! Thanks a lot for the help! I’ll probably keep the file manager just in case.

Hi, there

Yeah, it’s really nice solution :smiley:
Feel free to contact us again Thanks!