Customizer not working

The Customizer is not working on my website
It will only show the Widgets and states “The Customizer allows you to preview changes to your site before publishing them. You can navigate to different pages on your site within the preview. Edit shortcuts are shown for some editable elements.”

I will also not allow the preview of the website

When I click on the widgets it states "Your theme has 9 widget areas, but this particular page doesn’t display them.

You can navigate to other pages on your site while using the Customizer to view and edit the widgets displayed on those pages."

Hey there

Can i check this? Please use this plugin to create temporary access for us, its automatic login link and does not requires sharing your admin details. here is How To guide. at the and don’t forget about  “Set as private reply” at the bottom of the message box  

Hey there

Sorry, but i was not able to fix the problem, i think its no in theme nor in plugins, several WordPress files were not correctly loaded, i think this is some file permission issues in the server, is it possible to reinstall this wordpress installation?

Are you saying that you can do this reinstall without crashing my site?
Is there a way to roll the update backwards?

Good morning

Yes, you can roll back any update with this plugin: WP Rollback – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org
the update also can be done without site crashing, use WordPress update dashboard and reinstall WordPress

Good morning! Thank you for your help! I may just try the rollback.
I’ve already tried reinstall a few times and that didn’t seem to work… Should I have turned off the “Coming Soon” feature or any plugins before the update/reinstall?

I also downloaded WordPress and extracted it to take a look at the file differences.

The gal that is “teaching/assisting” me with learning WordPress said that I would have to contact my host and if I did the things you recommended that I would first have to backup the site because it would “essentially wipe my site and I’d be starting over” and “that she wasn’t doing any calls until after the 7th of January but she could login and take a look to see if there is a solution, but was on vacation now.”

Again, Thank you - I really appreciate the learning experience and your assistance!

Curious - When I change the theme the customizer seems to be working… Do you know why?

Hello

Sorry, this is not a usual problem, i have not seen anything else before,
i just checked my local environment and can’t replicate this problem on my side, can you reactivate access link again?

:slight_smile: Link is active
I did receive an update for Portum and it seemed to modify the Customizer where it no longer bumps in to the right but no other changes.

I did switch the Theme to Hoot Business and the customizer seems to function properly. I’d prefer the other theme for this site. :slight_smile:

if it helps I’m in Central Time Zone and your welcome to call if that’s something available to you 1-608-558-2744

Thanks again!

Sorry for the unresolved issue :frowning:
Let me know if you need anything else