Damaged links on Newspaper-X

Hi Noda,

this is, once again, Bernd (Monni) from Bavaria, Germany. Last Year you helped me several times and my hopes lie on you by 100 percent once again :slight_smile:

To figure out my problem: On the website www.sgm06.de which I’m responsibe for on behalf of my sports club some links don’t work any longer. This links lead, for instance, to other websites, but also to other locations on our website.

I renewed these links, but I failed. So could you please gimme an imagination what could be the reason for that bug? Do you need more details regarding our website? We use the theme Newspaper-X and some Plugins like Yoast SEO or Gutenberg.

I would be very glad you could help in any way!!!

Best regards,
Bernd (Monni)

1 Like

Hey there

Monni, it’s nice to see you again here, and you can be sure I will do my best to help you again :slight_smile:

Ok, which links and where? how can I replicate your problem Monni?

Regards

Happy to meet you here once again, Noda!

To figure out my problem, let me give you two examples: At the end of the latest article on our front-page, „Stefan „Das Eich“ Eichner spielt Reinhard Mey (Chansons)", I placed a link at „online here“ and this link does work perfect.

When you go, for instance, to the point „Belegung“ in the menue bar (last item) and click on it, you will find the sentence „Hier gelangen Sie zum Online-Belegungskalender der Sportgemeinschaft Margetshöchheim". In the hyperlink section of that page I filled in the URL of the target URL (outside of our domain) absolutely correct and the entry with the marked two words „Online-Belegungskalender“ stands out In blue color.

Believe me, that has worked the last months without any problem, but since some days there happens no „action“ clicking on that „link“.

Maybe that there is a difference between a link in „articles" (like that from the pole position) and static „pages" (like the above mentioned)?

I’m going crazy the last days … but I’ve got no idea to solve that problem? Do you have one (or two)? Or do you need more details, Noda?

As always: Very much tanks and best regards,

Bernd (Monni = my nickname) :slight_smile:

Hi Bernd

Ok, got it. Please try this css code and let me know if it worked:

#secondary {
display: block;
}

Kind regards :slight_smile:

Hi Noda,

exzellent support: You gave me the right CSS-code and our website works trouble-free once again. Is there a chance to express our thanks to you in a, for instance, financial way?

My/our very best regards,

Bernd

Cool :slight_smile:

Nice to hear your problem is resolved now, Bernd :slight_smile:

Thanks, I will send you a PM :wink:

Best regards

Sorry, Noda, but what the hell is a „PM“? Please consider that English is not my native tongue … Bernd

@Monni its a personal message, sorry for abbreviation :smiley:

Hey Noda,

I’m very sorry to take you to a closer look on our website www.sgm06.de :slight_smile: Unfortunately we have once again the problem that linked pages can be steered for viewing only on PC/Mac and Tablet, but not from Mobile Phones.

Your last help was the additional CSS

#secondary {
display: contents;
}
#secondary {
display: block;
}

which I included (and it worked for a while), but now there’s nothing more to be done …

I try to show you our problem by the following picture:

but the pix is not visible in this text field …

I would be very thankful you could help us once again!

Another question: After our last contact I gave you some Euros/Dollars for you excellent help. Did the (small) amount reach you?

Hoping for a quick reply and sending best regards from Germany

Bernd (Monni)

PS: Perhaps you could test our website on your mobile phone by yourself and you will see that the links on the website don’t work!

Heyyy Bernd

What a pleasure to see you here again :slight_smile:

Yes, I’ve got it, I thought I sent a reply but looks like no :slight_smile:

Regarding this issue, sure I will help you but I cant find that page from your screenshot, can you please provide a direct URL?

Thanks

Oh, sorry, Noda,

yes of course: Our general URL is https://www.sgm06.de/, and some examples for non functional links on mobile phones are Stefan Eichner spielt Reinhard Mey 2.0 - SGM 06 e. V. (the dysfunctional link lies under „hier online“ (last sentence). Or another example is our contact page „Kontakt“ and there the link „hier per E-Mail“ (which should open an e-mail form). As I mentioned: On PC/Mac and Tablet there is no problem with the links, only on mobile phones they all don’t work!

Best regards,

Bernd

Thanks, Monni

Okay, please try this code and let me know the results:

@media (max-width: 960px){
aside#secondary {
    display: inline;
}
}

Regards

Hey Noda,

in German we would say “You hit the nail on the head” (Du hast den Nagel auf den Kopf getroffen) - and as I know this saying does also exist in English language - doesn’t it? Anyhow, the complete (deep)links on our website now work on mobile phones, too! And that’s what I asked you for!

Many many thanks to you and all the best for the future!

Monni

Heyyy

yes, i believe English have similar expression as well :smiley: but I like how german sounds :smiley:

You are welcome Monni, have a good week.

Greetings from sunny Kutaisi