Dazzling site tagline - Website description in header for WordPress theme

Hi there,
I just started playing with Dazzling on a friends new site this afternoon and am figuring my way round most elements but I can’t get the tagline to show. I’ve entered it in Theme - Customize - tagline but while the site title shows up the tagline does not.
She would like to use it as a strapline for her website.

Any suggestions?

cecteekrobertson.com

Thanks
Jill

Jill,

Due to size of header navigation this theme doesn’t have tagline included in header.

However, it is not difficult to add it there. Open header.php by going to WordPress dashboard >> Appearance >> Editor and add this line of code:

<span id="site-description"><?php bloginfo( 'description' ); ?></span>

Right after this one:

<span class="site-name"><a class="navbar-brand" href="<?php echo esc_url( home_url( '/' ) ); ?>" title="<?php echo esc_attr( get_bloginfo( 'name', 'display' ) ); ?>" rel="home"><?php bloginfo( 'name' ); ?></a></span>

If you are familiar with Child Theme as a contencept it would be recomened to make these changes via Child Theme to make them update safe.

Thanks Aigars - much appreciated.
Yes I understand child themes so I’ll give this a go.

KR
Jill

It doesn’t quite put the tagline where we would like it - ie under the site title justified left.
Can you modify the code a little bit?

KR
Jill

Add this code to Child Theme style.css or inside Appearance >> Theme Options >> Other >> Custom CSS.

It will move description right below website title and align both on the left side.

#site-description {
  display: block;
  margin-bottom: 5px;
}
a.navbar-brand {
  padding-left: 0;
  padding-bottom: 0px;
  height: 30px;
}

Let me know if this is what you were looking for.

Hello, I’m using the Sparkling theme and I want to make a child theme so I can change some styles etc. I also want to add the tagline to the header. However, I’ve followed the instructions for making the functions.php file from the wordpress codex and it doesn’t work. This is what I have:

<?php
/**

• Enqueues child theme stylesheet, loading first the parent theme stylesheet.
    */
    function themify_custom_enqueue_child_theme_styles() {
    wp_enqueue_style( ‘parent-theme-css’, get_template_directory_uri() . ‘/style.css’ );
    }
    add_action( ‘wp_enqueue_scripts’, ‘theme_enqueue_styles’ );

I think I need to enqueue more styles because Sparkling has more than one style sheet? The codex says:

The following example function will only work if your Parent Theme uses only one main style.css to hold all of the css.

How do I find out if the parent theme has other style sheets and how would I code that into the functions.php file?

Hi @josierm,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

To help keep support thread separates could you please create your own thread for your question here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/sparkling/ instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.

Cheers,
Movin