Different featured image placement for page and post

With posts, the content starts with the title, followed by the author and date fields, followed by the featured image, and followed by the content. This looks nice!

However, with pages, the featured image shows first and then the title follows. Furthermore, there is no space between the image and the title. This doesn’t look nice and is inconsistent.

How to fix it? How to make pages look like posts regarding this area? (Perhaps skipping the author line.)

See also somewhat related Different look of page and category headers for other inconsistencies in the area.

Hi there

[quote=“AdamBadura, post:1, topic:33014”]
How to fix it? How to make pages look like posts regarding this area? (Perhaps skipping the author line.)
[/quote] sorry, but pages should have a different style, it’s not possible to change them without customization if you want to adjust some spacing, I can help with custom CSS but making changes to the layout is not possible without customization.

Regards

Well, as a user I would prefer to be able to choose for myself whether I want posts to look similar or different to pages. :wink: But well, it is what it is.

What and how would I need to customize to achieve a similar look and layout? I will consider doing such customization or dropping the use of pages in favor of uncategorized posts instead.

However, a similar problem exists with category pages (as mentioned in the Different look of page and category headers thread) and this cannot be resolved otherwise than by customization since I cannot easily replace category pages. :frowning:

Hi @AdamBadura

Well, I agree with you, its a fair complain, however this is what it is for now.

"What and how would I need to customize to achieve a similar look and layout? " - I cant answer to this question, customization is complex work and in order to make such changes, you need good developer skills.