Disable links in slider

Hello,

How can I disable the links in the slider pages? Also is there a way to limit the amount of text that is viewed in the slider pages?

Thank you

This theme uses default WordPress excerpt field to control how much text is displayed on slider. You can see a fields under each Post when you edit it. If that field is not displayed by default you can enable it via Screen Options on the upper right corner of the same Post edit screen.

To unlink slider you can replace current slider function in theme folder - inc - extras.php.

echo '<a href="'. get_permalink() .'">';
                    if ( get_the_title() != '' ) echo '<h2 class="entry-title">'. get_the_title().'</h2>';
                    if ( get_the_excerpt() != '' ) echo '<div class="excerpt">' . get_the_excerpt() .'</div>';
                  echo '</a>';

With this code

if ( get_the_title() != '' ) echo '<h2 class="entry-title">'. get_the_title().'</h2>';
                    if ( get_the_excerpt() != '' ) echo '<div class="excerpt">' . get_the_excerpt() .'</div>';

Basically you have to remove first and last line of it.

Hi Aigars,

I love your theme - Thank you!

How can I keep the link on the image, but without the title and the caption (which I removed)? In other words, I want the image itself to be the link.

Thank you!