disabling comments

Forgive the basicness of this post but I am new to all of this. I am trying to get rid of the “leave a reply” box on my pages.

I have gone to each page and clicked on “discussion” under settings but instead of finding "allow comments " and “allow trackbacks and pingbacks on this page” I find:

Attempt to notify any blogs linked to from the article
Allow link notifications from other blogs (pingbacks and trackbacks)
Allow people to post comments on new articles
as well as a host of other lines that can be checked/unchecked

This also seems to be general not page specific

I have unchecked all three as well as everything else on this page to no avail. I still get the “leave a reply” at the bottom of each page.
What am I doing wrong?
thank you

Sorry for late response. Got flu and was off work for few days.

I see that you are mixing something together.

To disable comments on all posts and pages you should select “Allow people to post comments on new articles” under Settings - Discussion.

For articles and pages already published you will have to disable comments separately. Because above mentioned feature will work only for Pages and Posts you will publish afterwards no the ones already published.

For existing pages you will have to disable comments via Discussion box under each Page/Post separately. If you can’t see this box/widget you can enable it via Screen Options that you can find on Post/Page edit screen on the upper right corner.

Aigars,

Sorry to bother but I am looking for solutions in the same area of the travelify posts on our site www.conespiritunomade.com , I would like to include the social media buttons that you have on your sample travelify site when you are looking at individual posts but can’t find that option anywhere. What should I do to display this part of “Share this” instead of or added to “Leave a Reply”.

Thank you very much in advance.

Simon.