Divider in menu, button issues

Hi there!

I am trying to make myself comfortable with your theme. I am a wordpress starter.

I try to make a divider in the menu. I do the same you said in documentation. Add a link with # as url and divider as title. What happens? It pruduces a menu button with the text divider…?
As it goes for the pages I add to the menu, the button isn’t full height, when I hoover with the mouse the highlight ends some lines abouve the menuborder. In your demo the hole button ist used and highlighted. I intalled options framework and the carousel, like recommended and I am using the latest Wordpress version, since I downloaded it a few days ago.

Can you help me with the issue?

Thanks for your dedication.

And I have another question, kann I place the carousel above my blogposts? How do I do?

1. Since latest version you no longer need Options Framework as standalone installation as it is now part of theme itself. However, it doesn’t affect theme functionality if you still have it installed and activated.
  2. Divider is basically a thin line that you can use to separate menu groups. It won’t add any text, just thin line. If you want to use custom text between menu items you should use “dropdown-header” inside “Title Attribute” and any text inside “Navigation Label”.
  3. Could you please post your website URL, so I cack check what is wrong with your menu. It does work by default on any WordPress version, so most likely it has something to do with your custom code.

Slider in blog, most likely will come as feature in the upcoming updates but for now you can just add this code inside index.php depending where you cant your slider to appear.
<?php echo do_shortcode('[image-carousel twbs="3"]'); ?> You can even create unlimited sliders and use different one for each and every of your Posts/Pages.

I am still working on my localhost. Wanted to create page first and then host it. I didn’t change any of the code, because i am a total newbe.
But here is a screenshot of the effect.

Thanks so far for the explanation so far. When I am online with the page, I can post you a link. Till then I will simply not use dividers. :slight_smile:

Oh, and another question. Is there a way to remove the heart from the horizontal divider in the blog?

The code divider are not going to do anything inside the menu bar, it is supposed to be used inside drop-down. Menu items themselves have dividers, so you are just doing unnecessary thing here.

Most likely divider broke down menu as well as it is not supposed to be there.

Ohhhh! OK. I understand. Thank you very much! :slight_smile:

Hi Aigars!

I have another 2 questions:

First: Is it possible to add a Background to post and Sites? I am using a background image and a flat color background for the items would grant more readability. Maybee even lightly transparent?

Second: Can i get rid of the heart from the horizontal divider in the blog?

And I translated your theme to german. I am only missing 2 things, because I don’t really know what they mean or the context is.

“Asides” and “Try looking in the monthly archives. %1$s”

Where shall I send the file?

Greetings

1. To add transparent background for content area you can use CSS code like this. You can add it to Theme Options - Other - Custom CSS field
#content {
    background: rgb(238, 238, 238);
    background: rgba(238, 238, 238,0.6);
    border-radius: 4px;
}

This is a light gray color but you can change it to any. The last number in RGBA stands for opacity(transparency) Valid number are between 0 and 1. Background is set twice because IE8 and other outdated number doesn’t recognize RGBA, so it will use RGB instead.

To remove heart, just add this to the same Custom CSS field

hr.section-divider:after {
    display: none;
}

For translation.

Thank you for your contribution! Really appreciate it! You can send translation to support[at]divilab.com once ready.

“Try looking in the monthly archives” comes from 404 Not Found Error page like this: https://colorlib.com/unite/not_found

Aside is WordPress related term which stands for tiny Posts usually without title. In most cases it is just URL, Tweet, video or some other short peace of content. You might leave this as it is without translation as there is probably no short and accurate version of it.

Hi Aigars!

Thank you again, I will try the code soon. :slight_smile:
I sent you the translated POT file.

Hope you enjoy it!

Greetings

Awesome! Thank you for your contribution!

I checked translation and it looks ok for me. Since I have no idea about German language, then users will be ones to judge the quality of your translation. In case something won’t be translated properly I will have someone to blame. Ha ha! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

German translation will be added to the next theme version (1.3). Thanks again for your outstanding contribution! Really appreciate it.

Hi Aigars!

I’m tweaking my page…I’m all new to this so please bear with me. How to remove the page divider on this theme?

Here’s a sample http://nicencozy.com/

There’s this white horizontal line that i’d like to get rid of and the word “with” on the left side of it. How do i do that?

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

@nicenozybaguio

Disable default slider via Theme Options as you are no longer using it and leave only Meta Slider enabled.
I already answered your questions about this random “with” that appears on your website. You can see my answer here.

Let me know if there is anything else.

@Aigars

Thank you so much for all your help! :slight_smile: