Download of theme error

Can you help me please as what I should do to resolve this problem? I am seeing this message after downloading the theme

Unpacking the package…

Installing the theme…

Destination folder already exists. /home1/psychpb7/public_html/wp-content/themes/shapely/

Theme install failed.

Hey there,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You may have to resolve the issue manually.

What you’ll have to do is:

• Activate default WordPress theme,
  • Download Shapely.zip file and extract it.
  • Go into the wp-content > themes
  • Simply copy the contents of the extracted zip file to the server overwriting existing files.

Best regards,
Support.

Hi

Thank you for your response.

I need further help. I think I need to explain the whole story.

I used the shapely theme and was very happy with it, but I accidentally deleted a section of the template, so I tried to restore the original by redownloading it. This did not work and now when I activate the theme it is not in the original format. I just want to go back to when I opened the template for the first time and start again with the original form of the template for my website.

How can I restart from fresh using this template? Thanks for your help!!!

Claire

Hello there,

If you want to start from scratch, go to Appearance and delete the shapely theme then download and it stall it via Shapely - One Page WordPress Theme - Colorlib or go to Appearance > Themes, search for shapely and install it.

Also you can use the following plugin to create a backup of your WordPress:

Best Regards,
Support

Hello again

I did this, but the theme now looks like this (see picture). How can I get the theme the way it used to look. I want a static one page theme. Thank you.

Hi,

1. Create a new page and choose the Home page template in Page Attributes -> Template. Screenshot: http://take.ms/xH6HR

2. Choose that particular page as the home page in Settings Readings. Screenshot: http://take.ms/pUitN

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.