Dropdown menu not clickable on small responsive design

Hey I must say this is the first forum I ever find that doesn’t display a “Search” feature!

However… my problem is that I’ve set up a dropdown menu in the nav of my website :

http://vaastore.nc/

It’s “CATALOGUE”, and it works well… in full screen design.

Please resize your browser to make it appear as it would be on a smartphone, or better yet, please visit my website on a smartphone (I’ve tested it on my Android’s phone with both the Firefox and Dolphin browsers).

You’ll see then that the dropdown menu “CATALOGUE” can’t be clicked.

Is it a bug?

What could I do?

Thank you.

You are using plugin called TheCartPress which is also based on Bootstrap, so you have duplicate Bootstrap CSS and JS files and it it break your website functionality. You should check if there is an options to use local Bootstrap file for TheCartPress plugin or remove it manually via code for either theme or plugin.

Thank you a lot Aigars. I’ve removed the plugin’s CSS and JS.
Dropdown menu is working well. I just now hope that my brutal removing of the files won’t cause some troubles.

No, there shouldn’t be any issues because those are the exact same files without any modification. It is just that web browser gets confused which one is dominate file and it just freaks out :slight_smile:

I did have the same issue. When having a screen size < 768 the sub menu’s can not be toggled. I did install as an addition the “Easy Bootstrap Shortcode” plugin, this plugin has under EBS settings, the option: “Use from theme or any other plugin” need to be set to avoid the bootstraper code to be loaded twice.

To identify the issue

1. See if you can toggle the item.
  2. Check in the firefox developer tools: select Console (reload the page an select the triangle)
    This should result in the error: “Empty string passed to getElementById()”

So changing to above setting solved my issue. Aigars thanks for your advice!

So, is there a way for me to make the plugin CSS/JS override the theme’s?

Because eventually, I do need some of this plugins functionnality…

Thank you in advance.

Everything should work just fine if you removed only Bootstrap files because the exact same files are loaded from theme. Now plugin will use those instead

Hi Damien, maybe u can tellme how fix u problem?, actually have same theme with plungin Easy Bootstrap Shortcode and my dropdown not wokk… ty a lot!

@endyablo Please make sure that you have configured the Easy Bootstrap Shortcode plugin as described in the bottom of this page Sparkling Theme Documentation - Colorlib

If you still face the problem then to help us keep support thread separates could you please create your own thread for your question here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/sparkling/ instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.