dropdown menu

Hi authors! Thanx for dazzling theme.

Question: If the menu item has a drop-down list, the top item, when clicked displays a drop-down list.
But I want a drop-down list appears when I hover. And the top item when pressed would open a category or link, depending on the settings menu. How can I do this?

This theme for navigation bar uses this Bootstrap Nav Walker https://github.com/twittem/wp-bootstrap-navwalker

By default it is like that and I haven’t looked much into modifying it. But I guess there should be plenty of information about this on their Github repo.

Making menus to display on hover is much easier and you can get this done by simply adding this to Theme Options - Other - Custom CSS

ul.nav li.dropdown:hover > ul.dropdown-menu {
    display: block;    
}

Nothing happened :frowning:

also I tried “Sparkling” theme. There menus display on hover, but the top parent item on hover, I see “site_url#” and no events by clicking on it :frowning:

That’s expected behavior because it uses the same Bootstrap Nav Walker. Unfortunately, you will have to edit it yourself because this part of theme is not created by myself.

You might look at Travelify theme which has its own nav walker and top menu is clickable.

“ul.nav li.dropdown:hover > ul.dropdown-menu {
display: block;
}” -this works, thank You :slight_smile:

1. But the top parent item on hover, I see “site_url#” and no events by clicking on it :frowning: Where I can activate clicking on parent item in menus?

We wrote our letters at the same time :slight_smile:

I downloaded Travelify theme, but I cant find in what file “its own nav walker” is? thanks

Solving of problem:
open file navwalker.php in inc</strong> by any editor, string 85 replace by $atts['href'] = ! empty( $item->url ) ? $item->url : '';

stings 86.87 - delete. Enjoy!

By the way, dont forget to make backup before editing :slight_smile:

Thank you for posting solution on this forum, so others can find it useful as well! :slight_smile:

Thank WP and authors for their themes :slight_smile:

Hello Aigars!

Great theme. I have an issue with dropdown menu as well. The solution from andrewrostov worked for Google Chrome, but not for Firefox or Safari irrespective which CSS/JS settings are made in Easy Bootstrap Shortcode Pro Settings in WP-Backend.

Solving of problem:
open file navwalker.php in inc\ by any editor, string 85 replace by $atts[‘href’] = ! empty( $item->url ) ? $item->url : ‘’;

stings 86.87 – delete. Enjoy!

What do I have to add within the code that the dropdown is automatically open when mouse-over? Or is there any other solution?

Best, Rob