Editing Front Page - Shapely Theme

Hi,

I am using the Shapely theme and want to use the PopupMaker plugin to add a popup to the Read More button on the theme. I can add the class to the button to create the popup in the browser Inspector, but I cannot access the HTML directly to edit the class on the button.

Is it possible to do this with this theme?

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I’m not certain I clearly understand the change you would like to make to the button using CSS.

However, it’s possible to add the CSS. Kindly check under the customize option ==> Additional CSS.

Hope this helps.

Hey there

“add a popup to the Read More button on the theme” - Which read more button you want to utilize? by default, you can’t do this without template modification, if there is a chance it’s better to create a new custom button with your desired classes

Hi there
I believe you are correct - I have no way to change the class of the single Read Morebutton without access to the ability to edit the HTML.

What I am trying to do, is click on the button, perhaps the More Information` button is more appropriate, and have it activate a lightbox popup. I can do it from the menu on the nav bar, but not from buttons on the page.
Ive attached a couple of image of the page, as well as the code that needs to be changed. If I add custom CSS, the button does not have a ID to reference, and I dont want to add the popup to all buttons.

Good evening

Yes indeed, you can’t touch classes of these buttons without editing template files,
If getting the classes is enough for you then i can help you, just give me the link to the page and i will provide CSS classes of the buttons…

Btw, they are visible on your screenshot and its:

btn-white
and
btn-filled

try to use this classes

Thanks,

I don’t think that what I would like to do is possible with this theme, unfortunately.
I want to add a short-code to the button, so that when clicked, a lightbox popup appears.

I will look for a different theme.

Thanks for all of your help! Appreciate it

Hi there,

I played around with the settings of the PopupMaker, and it appears you can use the selector from their plugin to add the CSS to the popup trigger.

By adding .btn-white. I was able to trigger the popup appropriately.

Thanks all!!

That’s it :slight_smile:

Let me know if you need anything else