emove links from parent menu items?

Hi again – Your assistance with my previous issue was VERY appreciated! Two other questions…

1. How can I remove the link of a parent menu item? Tried using custom menus but it requires a url.

2. In initial blog excerpts before you click into the actual full blog post, should the initial excerpt have admin and categories? Or just the full post? No admin or categories on my blog excerpts.

Hi @glenn,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

1. How can I remove the link of a parent menu item? Tried using custom menus but it requires a url.

Just add # in the URL field of custom menu.

2. In initial blog excerpts before you click into the actual full blog post, should the initial excerpt have admin and categories? Or just the full post? No admin or categories on my blog excerpts.

I am not sure what you meant by it so could you please describe it a bit more in detail by sharing the screenshot of it?

Best Regards,
Movin

Re parent links, darn, I read that somewhere, but forgot. Great – Thx!

Re no author or categories showing up in the short excerpt version of a post before clicking into the full post (which does list author and categories), are they supposed to be there in the excerpt version, too? Or not? (As in, on the homepage of the blog where all the posts are listed.) Screenshot attached per your request. (There is no author or categories listed. Should they be appearing there, or are they not intended to appear there?)

Re no author or categories showing up in the short excerpt version of a post before clicking into the full post (which does list author and categories), are they supposed to be there in the excerpt version, too? Or not? (As in, on the homepage of the blog where all the posts are listed.) Screenshot attached per your request. (There is no author or categories listed. Should they be appearing there, or are they not intended to appear there?)

The author should be displayed on the blog page as displayed on this demo site Sparkling - Free flat design WordPress theme developed using Bootstrap 3 and is well suited for blogs, portfolio, design, photography and other creative websites

Could you please share me your site URL where it is not displaying so that i can troubleshoot it?

Thank you, Movin – The URL is http://climatesane.com/

Could it be possible that I added too many categories to one or more posts – might there be a limit to the number of categories that should be added to a post? – and maybe that is what has thrown things off / omitted the author from the main blog page? Thought I noticed the problem around the time that I had added a lot of categories to a post. Or not? :slight_smile:

It seems you have added some CSS code in the theme style.css file that is causing this issue.

You can try resolving this issue by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of the latest version of Sparkling theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Sparkling Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

.entry-meta span.byline {
    display: inline-block;
}

Thank you – Resolved! I had to change the order of other CSS tweaks, or remove and paste them in again, or space them properly (I don’t which trick helped, but it was one of those). Then it worked.

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: