Error in Comments/Comment closed message

Readers have told me that they get an error message when they try to comment on my blog posts and I am not sure why. Also a message eventually pops up saying “comments closed” automatically after 7 comments have been made on a post. Is this an issue I can fix? It sounds coding related. Or is it possible to delete the comment section and upload a separate comment widget? My website is aneverydayfit.com

Thank you for your help! I would like to get this fixed as soon as possible!

Kylie

Hi Kylie,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Could you please reproduce the issue by creating test post and posting dummy comment on it?

Please make sure you are using latest version of theme.

This can be due to plugin conflict on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

Thanks for getting back to me. I attached the error message I got when I tried to comment as a test. Also, you can see the “comments closed” issue in this post: My 5+ public recreational go to spots in Dallas! – Aneverydayfit

Does that error message relate to any plugin specifically or have you seen it before? I noticed I am using Activello 1.3.1 so I need to upgrade it to 1.3.6 and I need to update my wordpress version too. Do you think that may fix it?

Thanks,

Kylie

Please make sure you have enabled comments on your site and on the shared post as described in this page http://freewptp.com/how-to-enable-comments-in-wordpress/

Thanks for sending that link. I went back and enabled comments and tried to comment again on that same post and got the same error message. I then tried one more time and got a “duplicate post” message even though nothing posted. I attached the duplicate post error message here. Any other suggestions?

Please make sure you have configured correct options in the “Before a comment appears” option in your site Discussion Settings as shown in the attached screenshot.

Also are you getting the comment in the admin area in comments section?

Yes, I have configured the correct options and the comments are showing up in the admin area in comments section. I approve them before they are posted. It seems some people have no issues commenting and others do. I just set up a test again and I get the same error message (attached) but the comment still shows up in my admin section for approval as if everything is normal. Do you think it is a plugin issue? I would like the error message to go away so people can comment as normal.

Yes it’s the issue of endurance page cache mu plugin on your site so please disable it on your site.

Also this is a simple PHP warning and most of the time it doesn’t affect functionality of site so it is nothing to worry about!

Do you have WP_DEBUG set to true in your wp-config.php file?

If you do then please set it to false.
This will hide the warning messages and you will be able to use your site normally.

Disabling the endurance page cache fixed the warning issue. I appreciate all your help!

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: