Extra image above post + entire post visible

Hi,

Sparkling is a lovely theme and really lives up to its name! Thank you for offering it for free.

If you visit http://writersliving.com, you will see the posts have the embedded image above the border, although the post pages themselves look fine. How can I remove this unnecessary image from all posts on the home page?

Also, The posts show up in their entirety on the home page. How can I get them to show just the first two paragraphs (like in the demo)?

Thanks.

You have used this code to hide featured images in posts:

.single .single-featured {
    display: none;
}

Instead you could have just used it like this and featured images would no longer visible in both single post pages as well as front page:

.single-featured {
    display: none;
}

On theme demo we use read-more tag to select different number of paragraphs on front page. Here you can read more about this functionality.

Hi,

I was able to fix the problem of the entire post showing up (on the home page) with a plugin. However, I would prefer a non-plugin solution.

Thanks.

Aigars,

I don’t know CSS, but I do love what it does. Thanks for the help.

Aigars,

Thanks for directing me toward the More Tag. Do I need to go into each post manually to insert it? Is there a quicker way? Thanks.

There is no faster way to keep formatting. You could use the-excerpt but that way there won’t be any images, text styling etc. Read more tag is the only solution here.

The writersliving.com site has more than 150 published posts. It would be quite cumbersome to do it manually; I think I will stick with the plugin solution, even though I try to avoid them as much as possible.

Thanks for all the help, Aigars.

Have a great evening!

Hi Aigars,

Is there a way to change the font color of the posts (body copy) to black? Thanks.

Also, if you look at the Livefyre (comments) box at the bottom of the page, the word “Share” is getting broken and moving below the box. Is there a way to fix it? Thanks.

And, is it possible to change the sidebar text color to black or at least a darker gray? Thanks.

First part of code will change color to widget text and the second one will change color for URLs in widgets.

#secondary .widget {
    color: #222;
}

#secondary .widget a {
    color: #222;
}

Add this code to Theme Options - Other - Custom CSS