facebook app

I have one of my buttons linking to my facebook page. I would like to set it so that if the user is viewing on android or ios, to check if the facebook app is installed and if it is to open my page in the app, but if the app is not installed to open it in the browser. How would I go about doing that?

Hi there

Hope you are having a good day and thank you for your question :slight_smile:
This is definitely not the right place to ask this question, please research your question in the internet, we support only theme related questions :slight_smile:
Thanks!
Colorlib Support Team

Hi. Thank you for your reply. I did research my question on the internet prior to asking it and i believe that i found a solution. The trouble im having is that the solution appears to be several lines of code and the input for the button within the theme comes as an input box asking for a single url within the wordpress categorize section.

So, i have the code, but i dont know where to put it due to the way the theme us configured for end users. Is this something which you would offer support with?

Kind regards

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

Usually, we would not assist with this because it falls outside the realm of support that we can offer but I can assume that the code would be used in the Functions.php file located at Appearance > Editor > Functions.php but I would recommend that you make use of a developer to make this change, you can find one here:

https://colorlib.com/out/envatostudio

Best Regards,
Support