Fails without javascript

If I view this theme with javascript disabled (using Web Developer in Chrome) all the menus fail and navigation is impossible. I need the main pages of the site to be accessible (e.g. to Braille readers), at least. This is a show-stopper for me and I thought you’d like to know rather than me quietly vanishing, never to be heard of again.

Hi @philmckerracher,

I hope you are well today and thanks for posting here.

I have tested it on my test site by disabling javascript in the browser inspector and the menu is working fine for me using latest version of Dazzling theme.

Could you please share me your site URL where it’s happening so that i can troubleshoot it?

Kind Regards,
Movin

(Sorry for the delay, I just checked back and found this)

Thanks for your reply. https://www.skeptic.org.uk/ is the site that is currently showing the problem.

We’ll be using a bespoke theme for the final site so this is only a temporary problem for us, there’s no urgency at all.

I could confirm the issue on your shared site but it is working fine on my test site.

This can be child theme issue on your site so to confirm it just temporary use the Dazzling theme instead of child theme on your site. If everything works fine then it’s your child theme issue so just share me your child theme so that i can troubleshoot it.

This can also be due to plugin conflict on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

I switched to the original Dazzling theme and disabled every plugin but the problem is still there, I’m afraid.

The problem disappears if I switch to twentyfourteen (or if I enable javascript).

Would you mind if i log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please share me your site log in details privately by checking the option “Set as private reply” when replying to this topic?

Sure - I’ll make an admin login for you but I need an email address (a throwaway one would do).

Sure here is my email address [email protected]

Admin username “Movin” created, you should have received an email.

It’s a live site, please be careful - I have daily backups but it’s an eCommerce site so restoring from backup could cause loss of orders.

Thank you for sharing the site details.

You can try resolving this by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Dazzling Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

.navbar-default .navbar-nav > li:hover ul.dropdown-menu {
    display: block;
}
.navbar-default .navbar-nav li:hover .dropdown-menu > li > a {
    color: #a8bec4 !important;
 font-family:"Actor","Helvetica Neue",Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif !important;
}
.navbar-default .navbar-nav li:hover .dropdown-menu > li > a:hover {
    color: #c00 !important;

}

The above CSS code will display sub menus on hover using CSS code instead of Javascript.

Thanks, it seems to work on our live site and I’ve forwarded this information to the designer, much appreciated.

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: