Fashe - problem with adding new payment method icons

Good day,

I have recently downloaded the Fashe template for my Shopify store. So far I have been successful in customizing the whole template, but I ran into a problem while trying to add new Payment Methods icons in the footer of the website. As far as I saw, there is no direct customization option for those icons. Because of that, I tried manually adding values to the actual code of the template, but unfortunately, the payment method icons stay the same.

The original template comes with 4 payment method icons in the footer - Visa, Mastercard, American Express and PayPal. I am trying to add Maestro, iDEAL, UnionPay, Google Pay, Apple Pay and Sofort payments in this list.

The way I accessed the code was by going to Themes > Edit code > footer-1.liquid

In “footer-1.liquid” I found the correlating line of code to the Payment Method icons. This line originally looked like this:

{% unless shop.enabled_payment_types == empty %}
{% assign enabled_payment_types = ‘visa,mastercard,amex,paypal’ | remove: ’ ’ | split: ‘,’ %}
{% for type in enabled_payment_types %}

I’ve looked up the official Payment Method values for Shopify and added them into the code like this:

{% unless shop.enabled_payment_types == empty %}
{% assign enabled_payment_types = ‘visa,mastercard,amex,paypal,apple_pay,google_pay,ideal,maestro’ | remove: ’ ’ | split: ‘,’ %}
{% for type in enabled_payment_types %}

After saving the changes, I checked on the website and it did not display new payment method icons. Please help me solve this issue because I refuse to believe that it is not fixable. The theme itself is great, I love the simplicity behind it and I already spent quite some time customizing it. I will patiently wait for you reply. Thank you very much for your time.

Hey there

Thank you for reaching out and providing such a detailed explanation of the issue you’re facing with the Fashe template on your Shopify store. It’s clear that you’ve put a lot of effort into customizing your website, and we appreciate your patience.

However, adding new payment method icons to your footer goes beyond the standard customization options typically available within Shopify themes. Modifying the code directly, as you’ve attempted, is a more advanced task and would indeed require custom development work.

I apologize, but such requests typically fall outside the scope of our regular support.

Regards.