Feature Image Question

Hi there,

What is the desired function of the featured image? I want to have a small thumbnail of each post on the main page but when the readers clicks on the blog post, I want the larger image to show up.

Right now, both the larger image and the featured image show up when someone clicks on each post. And I cannot resize my photos to scale for the featured image. So basically I have 2 questions:

1. If I have a featured imagine and an image embedded in the post, will both show up when clicking on a particular post?

2. Can I resize my main image (the one embedded in the text) so that it is scaled correctly when on the main page?

Here is my site - it is a work in progress - good thing not one reads blogs without marketing, right?!!

creativelifelists.com

Thanks,
Janet

Hi there

Hope you are having a good day and thank you for your question :slight_smile:

1. Yes, they are separate things and both will be displayed in the post, however, if you want to hide featured image in the post you can do this by this css, add it in the appearance > customize > additional css:

.wp-post-image {
display: none;
}

1. if you are asking about image inside post then you can work with, this is a default feature of the WordPress, when you click on the image (in the post editor) you will see pencil icon and once clicked you will see options that can be applied to the image

Thanks!
Colorlib Support Team