Featured image blurry

Hello,

For some reason, my featured images for posts are really blurry. When I look at the sourcecode, Illdy have for some reason compiled my images to 250x213 although the image is significantly larger which of course make them blurry. I’ve tried to change the media settings and regenerate thumbnails, but nothing works. I’ve also tried to deactivate Jetpack after advice from one of the topics in here without any luck. Please help, it’s frustrating and WordPress support can’t help either so you guys are my last hope. You can access the website here or see the attached screenshot.

Best regards,

Lars

Good evening Lars

Its Jetpack plugin, please disable image module and images loading from CDN :wink:

Hi Noda,

Could you tell me how to do that step-by-step? I’ve already tried disabling Jetpack and regenerating thumbnails without success, so any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Best regards

Lars

Good morning

There is no step by step for this problem, only one step, deactivate Jetpack it will work, right now plugin is activated, please deactivate and let me see it

I can’t deactivate it, since our site is hosted on WordPress. I can deactivate the image CDN by disabling site accelerator in the performance and speed option, but it doesn’t work also after I’ve flushed the cache and regenerated thumbnails. Please help, the theme is worthless to us right now and WordPress support can’t help either.

Just talked to WordPress support and they looked into this and phrased the issue this way:

You could say, I have worked with WordPress.com support to disable CDN modules in Jetpack and I am still seeing the issue. When working with their support, we noticed that the post images are set as background images and are automatically amending the url of the image to a specific size. The dimensions of the background images are 250 x 213 but the area for the featured image is 360 x 213. Is there any way to get those to match?

You can also share the screenshot: https://cldup.com/lNgptiECcT.png

Will you be so good to help as soon as possible? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey there

Yes, i see now images are not loading from the CDN however images were cropped during upload, please check the answer of our developer on this problem:

This doesn’t work either, I’ve posted the following on GitHub but the developers doesn’t seem to be anyone responding:

I have worked with WordPress.com support to disable CDN modules in Jetpack to see if I can fix this issue and I am for some reason still seeing the issue. When working with WP support, we noticed that the post images are set as background images and are automatically amending the url of the image to a specific size. The dimensions of the background images when uploaded are automatically set to original size, but thumbnails are 250 x 213 while the area for the featured image is 360 x 213. Is there any way to get those to match? Or at least to ensure the featured images aren’t blurry? For an example, please check our webpage by clicking here and scroll to the Bike & Rental Tour Options. Would appreciate a quick reply, thanks.

What to do?

Hello,

I agree, it’s definitely a major issue that it’s not possible to easily fix. I tried all the suggested possible solutions (disable Jetpack, regenerate images, change the code) but images are still blurry, probably because they get stretched out of their original 250x213 thumbnail size. Very frustrating

let me check one think if its possible, please use this plugin to create temporary access for us, its automatic login link and does not requires sharing your admin details. here is How To guide. at the and don’t forget about  “Set as private reply” at the bottom of the message box 

Hi Noda,

thank you, I wasted 2 days to find an acceptable solution but no way. Here you are:

http://resetcompany.it/wp-admin/?wtlwp_token=f459bf0d5db1f010e65499c955a8a846

Here you are, Noda.

Good morning

Sorry, but I need admin rights to check necessary files

I’ve just made you an admin :slight_smile: Please use the link again, thanks.

Good morning

Please check your homepage, i did nothing but just changed the image for your posts, as you can see it’s not resized anymore, :slight_smile:

Hello,

the feautured images look perfect, thank you! I noticed that now images have are in the .webp format, yesterday I did some optimization with WP-Optimize but I didn’t change the images. Maybe the .webp compressed does not scale, just a thought because I don’t have another explanation. If that’s the case, it should be tested, you can suggest to others in the community with the same problem to try WP-Optimize and then add the images back

You’re right, but unfortunately it doesn’t work with the images I’ve uploaded afterwards. I just tried to upload the exact same image from my computer and then use that as my featured image and it’s also becomes blurry. For some reason, the new images I upload becomes blurry, while images that was uploaded earlier on works. Blah, this is frustrating! Any advice would be greatly appreciated, a bit sick of this issue soon honestly.

• Lars

Hi Lars,

for some reason only .png file get converted to .webp but it does not make a great difference because all featured images are still scaled down to 250x213. Maybe the compression algorithm make images look a little better but they look still scaled, I added anothe image today and the image does not look very good. No idea on how to help

Hey there

@sovereign886 you are still using Jetpack image CDN and images are still resized :frowning: