Featured Image - not being the first image.

Is there a way to set one of the pictures in the content of a post as a “Featured” image, but not necessary show it on the top of the post?

Or in other words, can I remove the featured image from the full post content on the home page, and only have it shown in ‘excerpts’/homepage/archives page/menu page.

referencing: https://colorlibsupport.com/t/remove-featured-image-from-post-view/
The solution above works (to upload one of the content picture as “Featured”), but if my first image is the Featured image (before any words) then in the post itself there won’t be any picture. It will also be strange if I have two duplicate image showing on the homepage.

Thanks for your help!

Hi @fiosphere,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can set first image from content as featured image by using this plugin Get First Image Set As Featured Image – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org

To remove the first image from home page add the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Activello Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

body.home article img.single-featured.wp-post-image {
    display: none;
}

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

Thanks a lot for your help. However, I’m still having trouble thinking of a good way to select a featured image in the content of the post, and not just the first image. Currently, I would upload a picture as Featured, and post the same picture in the content, but use the code below to remove the Featured picture in the viewing of the single-post (because I don’t want to same picture to appear twice in my single-post).

body.single-post img.single-featured {
display: none;
}

This workaround does not work however if the first picture of my post is the Featured picture, because then on my homepage, that picture will show twice like on http://fiosphere.co (last post at the bottom).

Do you have a better solution for this? Thanks!!

Then just do not add the same image in the post content which you have set as featured image of the post.

Ok I did the opposite since Featured photo is disabled in single-post view, and that applies universally across all posts. I hope that won’t be an issue when creating slider/etc calling for all Featured photos. Thanks for your help.

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: