Featured Image of Pages and Disable Slider Links

Hi, first of all I’d like to say that this is a well designed theme.

I would like to make the following changes to the theme, and if so, will I need to create a child theme?

1. How can I disable the links to the posts on the slider?
  2. Is it possible to have a featured image for a page, as big as (and in the same position) as the slider? And if possible, can I make the page title be there as well?

Thank you

I think I may have found a solution to disabling the links on the slider (i don’t want people to be able to click the slider and go to the post)

I tried to follow along but it didn’t workout for me.
I created a child theme (using the sample), made an inc folder and made something a file called extras.php. I then copied the original code into the extras.php file on wordpress, and made the changes and nothing happened. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Hi @cantsignupmk850,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

1. How can I disable the links to the posts on the slider?

Awesome great to see you got the solution found.

2. Is it possible to have a featured image for a page, as big as (and in the same position) as the slider? And if possible, can I make the page title be there as well?

You can achieve this by adding the custom developed attached page.php file in your child theme root directory.

If you don’t have child theme then you can use the attached child theme that contains this modified page.php file.

Best Regards,
Movin