Featured image proportions on homepage

Hi,
the featured images of my articles have the recommended size (1170 x 550), but they are cropped (the sides are cut off) in the article’s preview on my homepage. I’d like there to be the complete images. How can I achieve this?

PS: I believe I’m having this problem since I’ve updated the theme some months ago, before that the images were displayed correctly.

Hi @turi,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can display the featured images full width by using the custom plugin solution shared in the following topic.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/define-sizeformat-of-featured-image-on-home-page/#post-59419

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

thank you for your reply. I tried that solution, but it didn’t solve my problem. I’m not talking about the slider but about the other, smaller article previews on my blog’s homepage.

Also, using that plugin that you shared, besides being about the slider images, it’s necessary to define a fixed image size, right? I don’t necessarily want to do that, all I want is that my images are automatically scaled instead of being cropped.
Can you give me another tipp?

Thanks and have a nice day!

That plugin is not about slider images but the featured images that you are talking about and you don’t need to change any code in it.

After installing the plugin, please make sure that you have activated it on your site.

Also could you please share me your site URL where it’s displaying so that i can help you to achieve it?

Oh okay, I got that wrong then, sorry!
The plugin is activated, but it’s not working anyway. I’ve also tried regenerating the images with Force Regenerate Thumbnails (in addition to the one you mentioned), but that didn’t help either. The website is www.bastarifiuti.com

I can see the full images are displaying on your site as shown in the attached screenshot.

If it is not then could you please share the screenshot of how you want it to display?

You’re right, the two articles featured on top of the site have full size images. But if you scroll down, all the other posts on the homepage have cropped featured images. That is what I’d like to change.

Ok then please remove the shared custom plugin on your site and instead use the attached modified plugin.

That did the trick! Thank you so much for your help! :slight_smile:

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: