featured image size inside categories/menues/tags not discplaying correctly

Hi!
Thanks a lot for activello, it’s a great theme and I love using it!

I have just noticed the size of the images when I browse my categories is not displaying correctly. The first two blog posts at the top have normal wide-ish space-filling images, but all the blog posts below have chopped narrow images that don’t fill the space as they should. I am attaching two screen shots, one with normal image size and one with chopped off size. I know that all the images used to display normally before and would like to restore that state, it looks much nicer.

You can see the situation here, for example. Try scrolling down past first 2 posts.

But the whole website is affected. It looks like this whenever I browse the posts by categories, from the menues or via tags.

I don’t know how to fix it myself. Can you help me?

Thanks a lot!

Jana

Here are the image attachments. Everything used to look like the normal picture before.

Hey @makeupjana,
Hope you’re doing well today

This issue was resolved in the GitHub. You may find the solution at the link below:

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support

Hi there!

Thank you! I have installed and modified the child theme as advised in the solution and it seems to be working!

However, while installing a child theme solved previous problem, a new one emerged:

there is now a “search” field just below the menu at the top of the page that wasn’t there before. I would like to remove it, as it is just taking up valuable space and I already have a search function via a widget in the side bar.

I didn’t find an option to remove it in any setting menus I’ve tried. Can you please advise me on how to disable it? I am attaching a screen shot where it is marked red.

Thanks a lot!

Jana

You can remove it by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Additional CSS

.nav-search {
    display: none;
}

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

You can use the following CSS code to remove the search icon by going to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS and pasting it there then clear your browser cache and reload the page.

/*Remove Search Icon*/
.nav-search {
    display: none;
}

Best Regards,
Support

Thank you very much! Have implemented it and it works!

Your support is awesome!!!

You are always welcome here :slight_smile: