Featured Images Blurry on Blog Page

Hello! I have tried everything I can find to fix this issue for a long time. My featured images on my blog page are blurry. I’ve tried the Regenerate Thumbnail plugin but that doesn’t seem to fix it. Any help would be appreciated. www.jackierutan.net Thank you! Jackie

Hi there

Hope you are having a good day and thank you for your question
where they are blurry? in a blog post or in the blog?
Please deactivate all third party plugins and try again your problem, most probably this I conflict with third-party plugins.
Once you deactivate all plugins please check your problem again, if the problem is gone then this means it was a plugin conflict. Now, start activating plugins one by one and same time repeat your problem until your problem appears again, now you know which plugin was in conflict

Thanks!
Colorlib Support Team

The images that are blurry are the Featured Image for blog posts. These are the images on the page “Blog” and the first image in a Blog Post. It seems to be a common issue but none of the solutions offered seem to work. I deactivated all of the plugins I could without breaking my site and it did not fix the issue. You can see it here: http://www.jackierutan.net/blog/

I have tried adding the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin, the Auto Post Plugin, taking the max size to 0 in Media Settings. All of which I currently have undone as they had no effect. Is there a size that you recommend the featured image be? My images are currently 1024X683.

Hey there

Weird and interesting, to be honest, I cant see blurry images on the page, can you please give me a screenshot of how you see them?

So on the “Blog Page” you can see the Featured Images are not sharp. If you click onto a “Blog Post” and compare the top Featured Image to the below images in the blog post, you can see how blurry they are.

Hey jackierutan

Sorry but we can’t do anything with this :frowning: images are resized to 730x410px from the theme function which is default behavior and without customization this is not possible to change :frowning:

I’m not trying to change the size of featured images. I’m trying to keep the featured images from being blurry. I understand the theme changes the size of the image and that is the problem. Are you saying that the Unite theme just has blurry featured images and there is nothing I can do to make these images sharp?

HI

Preferred image size for the theme is 730x410px, so, if you use that size your images won not be a blurry

So I already considered that and removed and uploaded new images that I saved at that size and there is no change. If you look at the photo on the home page and the same photo on the blog page you can see how the image is blurry.