Flex Slider, Search Bar, Page Titles, Widgets

Thank you for the beautiful template! I am trying to make the following customizations:

1. I created dummy posts with specific featured images to populate my flex slider. Can I hide these posts from appearing amongst my blog posts or can I populate the slider a different way?

2. I would like to place the search bar from the nav in the footer (instead of the nav bar) above the social media icons.

3. I would like to use widgets but am using the template without the sidebar. Is there a way to still use the provided widgets? For example, I would like to put the archives widget in the footer as well.

Thank you so much for your help!

Hi @lroper,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

1. I created dummy posts with specific featured images to populate my flex slider. Can I hide these posts from appearing amongst my blog posts or can I populate the slider a different way?

You can try achieving this by creating a solution as shared in the following reply.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/suppress-slider-on-posts-page/#post-24989

2. I would like to place the search bar from the nav in the footer (instead of the nav bar) above the social media icons.

You can remove search form from the header by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Activello Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

.navbar-default .nav-search {
    display: none;
}

You can add it in the footer by overwriting theme footer.php file in the child theme and then edit this file to add search form in the footer of the site using the function get_search_form .

4. I would like to use widgets but am using the template without the sidebar. Is there a way to still use the provided widgets? For example, I would like to put the archives widget in the footer as well.

You have to either use the existing sidebar by not using full width template or you have to develop custom code in the above described footer.php file to display it.

Best Regards,
Movin