Flexslider Broken after update!

Hello, after uppdating the theme, flexslider broke and looks like static pictures on the page.
I use child theme because I have difrent flexslider in several difrent pages (and other tweaks) and I noticed that slider is working if child theme is deactivated.

To use flexslider on difrent pages I used information from this post:
https://colorlibsupport.com/t/sparkling-theme-second-blog-page-include-slider/

Is there a way to fix this? I would like to keep the updated version as it has a better second level drop down menu which is usable in mobile menu (the old version doesnt have drop down arrows and you cant open the second level of menu on mobile)

Hi @codeoner,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I don’t find the child theme on your shared topic so could you please share me your child theme so that i can troubleshoot the issue?

Best Regards,
Movin

Here is my child theme :slight_smile:
I also use some custom css in the theme options
so here it is:

/*Remove Title*/
.page-header {
    display: none;
}

/*remove previous/next post button*/
.nav-links {
    display: none;
}

/*H4 (WP_Tiles)*/
h4 { font-weight: normal; font-size: 18px; color:#ffffff; text-align: center; !important; }

/**Η2 Рекомендуемые отели**/
h2 { font-weight: 300; color:#333333; text-align: center; !important; }

/*Remove space between header and container*/

.container.main-content-area {
    margin: auto;
}

/*Space between header and beginning of post*/
.post-inner-content {
    padding-top: 8px;
}

.post-inner-content {
	border: none !important;

}

/*Background color*/
body { 
  background: #fff;

}

.amcharts-chart-div a {display:none !important;}

I resolved the issue in your shared child theme by changing JS and CSS files URLs so please use the attached modified child theme.

PERFECTO!
that worked like a charm… so you changed the function in the themeif I understood, thats why i had this problem?
Also I want to mention something that needs to be fixed on the theme, the mobile menu button is not centered within the menu bar in case you use an image as Logo.
I found that you have to make a change in
\themes\sparkling\assets\css\bootstrap.min.css
find this:
.navbar-toggle{position:relative;float:right;padding:9px 10px;margin-top:8px;margin-right:15px;margin-bottom:8px;background-color:transparent;background-image:none;border:1px solid transparent;border-radius:4px}

and change: margin-top:8px to margin-top:20px or whatever suits you.

By the way there is no way to make dynamic logo so it will change to something smaller when in tablet or mobile view?

EDIT:
I encountered a new problem, as I lost all the content of several pages that I edited with ELEMENTOR plugin
I get the error:
You must call “the_content” function in the current template in order for elementor to work in this page.

So i checked in my custom page templates i had to change
<?php get_template_part( 'content', 'page' ); ?>
to
<?php get_template_part( 'template-parts/content', 'page' ); ?>
for the content to appear

that worked like a charm… so you changed the function in the themeif I understood, thats why i had this problem?

Not function but we have changed flexslider js and css file URLs.

By the way there is no way to make dynamic logo so it will change to something smaller when in tablet or mobile view?

Sorry currently not.

I encountered a new problem, as I lost all the content of several pages that I edited with ELEMENTOR plugin I get the error: You must call “the_content” function in the current template in order for elementor to work in this page.

You can see in the theme files the theme uses the_content function to display content so please contact ELEMENTOR plugin developer to resolve the issue.

Thank you for your amazing support!

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: