Footer Properties

Dear all!

I would like to center the copyright part. Right now it is on the right. I found on CSS the following code:

.copyright {
  margin-top: 10px;
  float: right;
  text-align: right;
}

I changed to left/center but it doesn’t change. Any tips?

Furthermore, I’ve notice that the button on the footer area has a green color. How could I change that color? I tried to modify in the CSS file here:

.scroll-to-top:hover {
  background: #1FA67A;
  opacity: .8;  
}

changing the background color but it doesn’t work.

Anyway this is a very nice free theme!
Thanks!

Well, I just found the place where change the hover color in the footer area. It is in the Main tab on Element color on hover. I wrote so could be useful for someone else!

Just one problem related to the alignement of the copyright text.

Thanks!

The thing about copyright information is that the footer area is divided into two separate block where one is used for footer menu and second one for copyright information.

These easier solution around this is to slightly change footer.php from

<nav role="navigation" class="col-md-6">
	<?php dazzling_footer_links(); ?>
</nav>
<div class="copyright col-md-6">
	<?php echo of_get_option( 'custom_footer_text', 'dazzling' ); ?>
	<?php dazzling_footer_info(); ?> 
</div>

to

<div class="copyright col-md-6 col-md-offset-3">
</div>

You can do this via Child theme as well by just copy/pasting footer file to Child Theme folder and editing it like I mentioned above.

Thanks for the answer but it doesn’t work or well, it is going almost to the center with a little black space on the left (maybe for the secondary menu, right?). I have to add that I change it changing directly the footer.php file via ftp. Maybe this it is the problem, or not? Sorry but I’m a noob! I don’t know what it Child theme but I’m going to look on it right now. :smiley:

Could I change the secondary menu on the right and put the copyright stuff on the left? Is it possible?

Thanks!

P.S.

Just a note for the future user. You mention to change:

class="copyright col-md-6">

with

class="copyright col-md-6 col-md-offset-3">

I think there is a typo error, I got what I got doing another change:

class="copyright col-md-offset-3">

Code is correct but you still need to overwrite CSS related to copyright.

.copyright {
  float: none;
  text-align: center;
}

To change copyright information with menu, you can edit HTML like this

</div>
</nav>

but again you will have to add extra CSS styling:

.copyright {
  float: left;
  text-align: left;
}

Yeah! I managed that thanks to your help but I’m not able to put it completely on the left (Right now I could just put a little bit left than social icons). I think that it is because there is the footer menu in that position and so the copyright info is not going in completely on the left.

Is it correct?

Thanks for your fast answers and support!

Please read this thread again.

Here is how you can remove footer navigation and center copyright info: https://colorlibsupport.com/t/footer-properties/#post-5641

And here is how you can replace menu with copyright information: https://colorlibsupport.com/t/footer-properties/#post-5648

Of course if you didn’t remove navigation you won’t be able to center or add it on the left side(unless you followed my steps how to switch both blocks).

I do it all again!

I will summarize for next user in order to avoid my same mistakes.

I replaced this:

</nav>
</div>

with:

<div class="copyright col-md-6 col-md-offset-3">
</div>

It works! The copyright is centered! My mistake was to change:

"copyright col-md-6"

with:

"copyright col-md-offset-3"

and not like must it be, that it is:

"copyright col-md-6 col-md-offset-3"

I also managed to change as you were saying but I don’t know what was my mistake. Probably a stupid one! Thank you very much for your precious support!!!

I will keep playing whit this awesome theme trying to change the felxislider property that enable the images (in the slider as post). I don’t want to link the images in the slider to a single post. I would like to see the image with a description without a click properties. :smiley:

I will start to google it but I don’t think will be so much difficult (at least I hope!).

Thanks for your support and until now, this theme is higlhy customizable! Actually I would say completely! Great support! I hope that I will not need anymore but if I, you would see a new post by me! Sorry in advance!

I am glad I could help you with this.

For slider:

If you are not good with code, you might want to look into slider plugins such as this one http://wordpress.org/plugins/cpt-bootstrap-carousel/

It uses Bootstrap, so it is compatible with this theme and you will be able to use shortcode anywhere in the code, Posts or Pages.

Original slider is post based and it would be relatively easy to remove active link from slider but you will still have to create category with Posts that will be used for slider.

Thanks for the tip!!! I’m not so good with code but I’m learning a little bit more every time. If I will install the bootsrap caousel, how could I replace with the original one? It is difficult? Or I have just to delete flexislider and that’s it?

I would like to keep the responsive layout. There will be some problem changing the slider?

Thank you again!

There is a shortcode system for this plugin and it is responsive by default because of Bootstrap integration. You don’t need to replace the code, you can just disable current slider via Theme Options and add shortcode side by side the existing slider code.

Dear Aigars! You have right! I have done it but it looks very bad. Maybe I miss some options to make it cool. It works but it’s not so good.

I have seen that the Flexslider plugin ( ) has an option that enable/disable the link to the post categories.

I have tried to:

1. Disable the slider in the theme options;
  2. Add the Flexslider plugin in the widget area.

Unfortunatly it doesn’t work. By the way I will keep searching on internet a possible solution and, if I will find, I’m going to post here for future user.

I found right now that the flexslider is also used in joomla theme. There is someone that just change the link to another website (when clicked on the post) and so I’ve noticed that they modify some line of code where it is written the href diciture. I opened the javascript file named flexslider.js within the inc/js folder of the theme. I found the href diciture on the line 297. I tried to comment the line and see if it works (I know that it is not the an elegant way to do it :D) but the text over the image in the slider is still linking to the post… I’m pretty sure that the solution is close to that line. I will keep googlind and reading the code. I also post on the flexslider plugin in case the developer knows easily how to do that.

Best Regards!

You are mixing things together. This theme (Dazzling) uses Flexslider but I suggested to give a try for http://wordpress.org/plugins/cpt-bootstrap-carousel/ which is Bootstrap based. These are two completely different things.

If you are looking to modify existing slider which is Flexslider based then you don’t need to touch .js files but instead edit php file that actually generates images and text for slider. Flexslider just makes it “alive” with transitions, transition buttons etc.

PHP code related to Flexslider can be found on theme folder - inc - extras.php

You were, as always, right! I get it changing the file called extras.php. The original code says:

echo '<a href="'. get_permalink() .'">';
    if ( get_the_title() != '' ) echo '<h2 class="entry-title">'. get_the_title().'</h2>';
    if ( get_the_excerpt() != '' ) echo '<div class="excerpt">' . get_the_excerpt() .'</div>'; 
echo '</a>'; 

If I comment the first line, the link diseappear and the texts (title, description) remain. If all the three are commented, just the image appear.

Thank you very much for your support!

If you would look into familiar HTML you could read this. You don’t need to get into details but here is short explanation for other looking for similar solution.

1. First and last line is actually just URL opening and closing tag:
echo '<a href="'. get_permalink() .'">';
echo '</a>'; 

That would be printed as <a href="http://yoururl.com"></a>

1. In the middle you can see
    if ( get_the_title() != '' ) echo '<h2 class="entry-title">'. get_the_title().'</h2>';
    if ( get_the_excerpt() != '' ) echo '<div class="excerpt">' . get_the_excerpt() .'</div>'; 

Where first line clearly states get_the_title and second one says get_the_excerpt and that if means to do do the following thing only if it exists.

Not that difficult, just have to read between those crazy () != '' ) echo and other symbols :slight_smile: