Footer Widget - 4 Widget Area

Hi Movin,

I just want to say thank you very much for all your assistant. If I wasn’t so invested with this theme (unite) I would use another one because I really don’t like to be asking for some much support on a free theme.

However, you sent me a child theme for unite so that I can have footer widget area on all pages not just the homepage. I have made some changes to the footer widget area like adding a fourth area and full width with a background. The background and footer widget area is not aligning up like on the homepage. How do I resolve that issue. I attached are two screenshots showing the homepage which is correct and the inside page(s) which is not right.

Can you also point me in the right direction on how to add the footer widget area to the woocommerce pages?

Again that you for your help.

Hello,

I am checking on the above request if that is possible. If not please let me know and I will move on to another theme or maybe to remove the footer area from all the inside pages and only show it on homepage.

Thank you for your support.

Hi @adrian200065,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

The background and footer widget area is not aligning up like on the homepage. How do I resolve that issue.

Could you please share me the page URL from your site where it’s not aligning so that i can help you to align it?

Can you also point me in the right direction on how to add the footer widget area to the woocommerce pages?

Do you mean on all woocommerce pages or on the woocommerce products pages?

or maybe to remove the footer area from all the inside pages and only show it on homepage.

The answer of this question is already in your following reply.

However, you sent me a child theme for unite so that I can have footer widget area on all pages not just the homepage

It means by default Unite theme only displays footer widget area on the home page but we have developed the child theme containing custom code to display footer widget area on all pages so now if you don’t want to display it on all pages then just don’t use the provided child theme.

Kind Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

Sorry for the misunderstanding… Yes, I want the footer widget on all the pages.
Here is the URL: http://truth.livingtruthcc.org. If you notice the home page is just the way I want it.
However, if you click on another page you will see that it doesn’t line up and the background is not showing.

If I could get it on all the woocommerce pages that would be great but the products pages for now.

Another question for you. If you want I can open up another ticket for this one. How to remove the Mobile menu because I am having a conflict with the mega menu. It integrates great with your theme for the standard menu but not with the mobile menu.

Thank you,
Adrian

Hi Adrian,

Sorry for the misunderstanding… Yes, I want the footer widget on all the pages. Here is the URL: http://truth.livingtruthcc.org. If you notice the home page is just the way I want it. However, if you click on another page you will see that it doesn’t line up and the background is not showing.
If I could get it on all the woocommerce pages that would be great but the products pages for now.

You can achieve all of this by using the attached child theme of Unite theme that contains some custom code.

Another question for you. If you want I can open up another ticket for this one. How to remove the Mobile menu because I am having a conflict with the mega menu. It integrates great with your theme for the standard menu but not with the mobile menu.

Yes please create a new topic for it.

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

Thanks again for the child-theme71. I remove the old child them and uploaded child-theme71 and it works except now I have to widget areas; one above the other. See screenshot below…

Thanks again,
Adrian

Hi Adrian,

Sorry there was minor mistake in the shared child theme which caused this issue.

Could you please try using the attached modified child theme in which the issue is fixed?

Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

Thank again for you help and the quick reply. The last child theme you sent me fix the issue on the homepage and woocommerce pages but the inside pages I am still getting two sets of footer widgets. If it is just a code I need to change and you can tell where to change it I will do so. See the screenshot that is attached.

I just want to say thank you very very much for all you help.
Adrian

Hi Adrian,

I couldn’t reproduce the issue on my test site using the latest shared child theme.

Have you added any extra templates in the shared child theme?

Please delete your existing child theme and use the latest one that i shared above.

Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

Yes, I did remove everything from the child theme folder and copied all the new files. I only have the style.css, functions.php, front-page.php and footer.php plus the screenshot.png. I will deactivate the child theme and then remove all the files and add the new files again and let you know if it works.

Thanks,
Adrian

Ok. I am waiting for your reply.

Hi Movin,

I deactivated the child theme by activated the main them in the admin dashboard. Then I deleted the all the files in the child theme folder. Then I copied all the new files from the “child-theme73” folder which is the latest one you sent me. But I am having the same issue. I am not seeing the issue on the homepage or wooCommerce pages but on all the pages.

Thanks,
Adrian

Hi Adrian,

Sorry but still i couldn’t reproduce the issue on my test site.

This can be due to plugin conflict on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

If it’s not the plugin conflict then would you mind if i logged in to your site and did some troubleshooting? If it’s ok for you then please share your site details to us using this secured contact form here Contact us - Colorlib and include this forum topic URL in the message.

You can just hide the extra duplicate widget area from the pages by adding the following CSS code in the style.css file of your child theme.

body.page #main .home-widget-area.row {
  display: none;
}

Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

Disabling the plugins that not work.

Using the css code you gave me hide both…
body.page #main .home-widget-area.row {
}

But somehow this one work for me.
.col-sm-6.col-md-4.home-widget {
}

Thank you very very much for all your help,
Adrian

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: