Formate text. Edit HTML file?

I’m using Illdy Theme, and I’m wondering where I can find the HTML file in order to edit it – I want to do this because I would like to format the text in the About/Services/Widget sections; creating a break between paragraphs.
Ive already created a child theme and added a style sheet to it, however i think i want to edit the html code? I can’t seem to find any .html file in the illdy zip, except for an index file located in ‘customizer’ folder.

Appreciate any help figuring this out :slight_smile:

Hi @metablur,

Did you try with a text/html widget?

Go in Appeareancea > Customize > Widgets> select the section, click add a widget and from the list select add a text/html widget there you could use html as you wish.

Thanks,

Cristian

Hi Support,

Yes I have tried that, but it’s not a good fix because when you switch to ‘mobile view’ and scroll to the Services Section the Service Widgets are all at the top (which makes sense really) and the text is all underneath that, and there’s no way clear to differentiate between the services. My site should now be live, although I was having a DNS problem earlier - please take a look and switch to mobile view to see what I mean. http://secondstepsdesigned.com/

What I’m looking for is access to the html code behind the site, then I thought I could make a copy of this code, make changes to the format using <br> and upload it into my ‘child theme’ and then run it that way? Is there any plans to upgrade the Illdy Theme to include text formatting within the existing Illdy Widgets?

Also let me know if you know of any good html plugin editors that could also be used to do the above?

Thanks,

Hi @metablur,

Here is the code for ildy, is php:

You could use this html editor:

We will think to improve illdy with this feature.

Thanks,

Cristian

Solved: If anyone is looking for the answer to original question “I want to format the text in the About/Services/Widget sections; creating a break between paragraphs.” - All you do is place <br> within the text where you want a line break or <br><br> if you want two line breaks. This is simple stuff in hindsight and hopefully I’ll save time for others by posting this. I would also advise to learn some simple html as it can solve a lot of problems that might seem hard at first.