front page not showing on mobile site

Apologies if this issue has been addressed before - I did a search and didn’t come up with anything. While all the other pages on my site are showing up well in mobile, the home page (landing page, jumbotron, and all the widgets) are not showing up at all. It just says “Front Page” with no content when you go to my site on a mobile device. Is there any way to get my content to show up as it does for the other pages?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @hulahoop,

You need to deactivate the settings from Jetpack:

Visit Jetpack → Jetpack in your Dashboard.
Once on the Jetpack front page, locate the Mobile Theme module, and click Configure. This will take you to the Configure Mobile Themes page.
Select your desired option, then click Save Configuration.

Thanks,

Cristian

Hi Cristian,

Thanks so much for the timely response! That worked perfectly.

However, now that my front page is displaying, I have another issue - the header text under each section of the home page (services, team, about) is nearly overlapping, making it very hard to read. Is there a way to adjust the size of that text or the line height?

In addition, my jumbotron image is not showing up on mobile, I suspect because it is too large - is there an optimal size?

Thanks again for all your help! I really appreciate it!

hi @hulahoop,

Send us your url to check.

Thanks,

Cristian

Hi Cristian!

Sorry, I just saw your reply!

My url: www.polishedpersonalstatements.com

My jumbotron image seems to be showing up differently on each page of the site, but I still cannot make it responsive, and the header text on the front page is almost on top of itself in mobile view.

Thanks in advance!

I think I’m having the same issue. My Jumbotron image is not responsive, and zoomed in, so it doesn’t really look right. Is there a way to fix this?

http://www.breathinginchrist.com/v2

Thanks!

Can anyone help out with this issue? Looks like a lot of people are having this issue in different threads.

Thanks!

Here is the fix that worked for me for the homepage image on a mobile device:

@media only screen and (max-width: 767px) {
	#header {
		background-attachment: initial !important;
	}
}

Hope this helps!

thanks jrthor2 - likely a stupid question, but where exactly do you insert the code? (I am trying from the customize menu and am having no luck with the mobile view). Thanks!

If you go to Appearance->Custom CSS that should open the custom CSS section of the theme editor and you can put it there.

This worked like a charm, @jrhor2. Thanks.

Thank you @jrthor2. Worked like a charm!