functions.php reset

I use the Activello theme and was experimenting with code posted on https://briangardner.com/instagram-feed/.

I copied and pasted the exact code into the functions.php file, clicked “Update”, and got this error message:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function genesis_register_sidebar() in /home2/thefoblo/public_html/wp-content/themes/activello/functions.php:316 Stack trace: #0 /home2/thefoblo/public_html/wp-settings.php(425): include() #1 /home2/thefoblo/public_html/wp-config.php(82): require_once(’/home2/thefoblo…’) #2 /home2/thefoblo/public_html/wp-load.php(37): require_once(’/home2/thefoblo…’) #3 /home2/thefoblo/public_html/wp-blog-header.php(13): require_once(’/home2/thefoblo…’) #4 /home2/thefoblo/public_html/index.php(17): require(’/home2/thefoblo…’) #5 {main} thrown in /home2/thefoblo/public_html/wp-content/themes/activello/functions.php on line 316

Then I clicked the browser back arrow, deleted the code to undo. It didn’t work. My site seems broken and every link leads to this error message. Help, please!

Hey there,
Hope you’re doing well today

You’ll need to access your site via FTP in order to manually remove this bit of code from the functions.php.

You’ll need to go to /wp-content/themes/activello/functions.php

Here, you may have to download the file, remove the code and replace it (ensure the old functions.php has been deleted upon reuploading).

After fixing that, here are some tips to keep in mind when working with functions.php:

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support

Fixed. Thank you so much!

You’re most welcome.

Please let me know if there are any other questions that I may help with. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support

Hello! did the same thing but the solution did not help me ;(
Is there any other way to solve this problem?
I have downloaded the functions.php, deleted the encoding I added for the instagram thing, deleted the functions.php in the file manager, uploaded the new one and my site is still not working. The only difference is that I’m using the shapely theme. Please help, I have been trying to solve this over one hour and starting to panic.

@kuzukiri Please try deleting and reinstalling the shapely theme on your site.

If you still face the issue then to help us keep support thread separates could you please create your own thread for your question here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/shapely/ instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.