FutureMag template for Blogger - A number of little problems

Hello,

I’m new here so I’m not sure I’m in the right part of the forum.
Anyway, I’m Lily, webmaster of “Good Morning Gamers”, and I installed some days ago the “Futuremag” template,
which I really like, and I think it’s the best free template for Blogger.

However, after installing it, I noticed a number of little problems which aren’t bad enough to make me change
my mind, but they still annoy me.

I don’t know if I should start several topics since there are a few problems, or just one…
Anyway, I’ll try with just one for now.

1)
First, as you can see on the homepage, my posts don’t show the comments counter.
I’m not sure if it’s really called a “comment counter”, actually, but anyway I only mean that it doesn’t show if there are comments written on those posts or not. Most of my posts do have a few comments.
I wish there was a way to enable this.

2)
Another weird thing is that when I go to “layout” and try to edit “blog posts”, it doesn’t change ANYTHING.
So I did check if comments were enabled to show on the post summaries, but it still doesn’t do anything…
Is this normal?

For the record, before installing Futuremag, I used Blogger’s Watermark template. (the brown one)

3)
Another thing my recent posts don’t show is the complete date.
It only shows the time, like “2:00 AM”, for example…
Again, I tried to edit this in “blog posts”, but it didn’t do anything.
I realize that if you hover the mouse over the time, it does show the full date, but I wish it just showed it all the time.

4)
Then, I have a few problems with Disqus.
First, I tried to enable Disqus on static pages, but it didn’t work.
I followed this tutorial.
This template seems very “closed” to most tutorials I followed, actually.

5)
Finally, my BIGGEST problem is that it seems that now my website has TWO different Disqus forums or something.
Before installing Futuremag, I already had Disqus installed, so maybe it created an incompatibility or something, but anyway, what’s happening now is that some people told me that sometimes they couldn’t see their comments anymore, but that when they went to my forum, they could see it.
An example:
The three comments for my review of The Mummy Demastered are visible here =>
https://disqus.com/home/discussion/goodmorninggamers/review_the_mummy_demastered_a_great_controidvania_88/
But not on the actual website, which shows only the comment I wrote myself. =>

I find it quite worrying and I have no idea how to fix this…
When I installed Futuremag, Disqus wasn’t working anymore anyway.
So I did follow the tutorial in the .pdf which was included with the template, to get Disqus.
But now there’s this weird behavior…

6)
Oh, and one more little problem.
I installed my own contact me box on a static page, and usually, when you do this, you want to hide the contact box which is on the homepage…
The problem is that again, the code doesn’t work.
( div#ContactForm1 {
display: none !important;
})

I have to say that I know very little about Javascript, so I didn’t dare to edit the template much.
I only edited the CSS part quite a lot, and added a little code so that my website always ends with .com instead of .fr, and that’s all.

Anyway, I would immensely appreciate any kind of help with all of this. :slight_smile:
https://goodmorninggamers.blogspot.com/

Hello there,

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused here but as it stands we only provide help to WordPress themes here and not Blogger themes.

Best Regards,
Support

Yesterday I sent an email to Colorlib and got this message:

“Thank you for getting in touch!
For theme related questions please use our support forum: https://colorlibsupport.com/
Create your own support thread and we will help you from there.
Sorry for the inconvenience.”

I made clear in my email that I was using a blogger template.

Well anyway, in that case, besides learning advanced Javascript myself, is there ANY way to get some help
with this blogger template?

Hello there,

Templates can mainly be changed by editing the code so you would have to enlist the aid of a third party developer. Here is a link to contact one:

https://colorlib.com/out/envatostudio

Best Regards,
Support

Can someone please help me. Im trying to work out how to ask a support question?? I cant find an area to do that??

Hello owena81

just open this link, then you will see list of the items we are supporting, open one that you are using and scroll all the way down, you will see a form for opening ticket :slight_smile: