Gallery images are not showing

Hello,
Each post contains an image for the gallery page. The featured images display on the home page, but when I check the gallery page it is empty.
What am I doing wrong or forgetting to do?
Here is the url to the site
http://absolutehair.biz/AbsoluteHairWP/

Thank you

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

You have the gallery in the recent post section.

Please ensure that you have the Jetpack plugin installed and activated then go to Jetpack > Settings > Custom content types and enable the Portfolios. This will allow you create and edit your portfolio to be used as the gallery.

Best Regards,
Support

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to me.

That makes sense because I have been having issues with Jetpack. I tried to update it and got an error this error
“The update cannot be installed because we will be unable to copy some files. This is usually due to inconsistent file permissions. wpcom-test-backup/wp-content/mu-plugins/wp-login-protect.php
Plugin update failed”

I am currently trying to delete the jetpack folder and then re-install the plugin, but I am getting another error
“Permission denied (SSH_FX_PERMISSION_DENIED: The user does not have sufficient permissions to perform the operation.).”

Do you know what I can do to resolve the Jetpack problem?

Hello,

I was able to uninstall Jetpack via cpanel and then reinstall the plugin and I went to Jetpack > Settings > Custom content types and enable the Portfolios.

The gallery page is still blank though. How do I set up the site so that the images go to the gallery page?

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

Were you able to add a gallery via Gallery > Add New Gallery. When you create the gallery then the images for that gallery would appear.

Best Regards,
Support

Hi,

I am not seeing a selection for “Gallery” to add new.
Where do I find the option for “Gallery”?
I tried Portfolio > Add New, but that didn’t show up either.

Thank you for your help

Hello there,

That was a mistake on my part, I should have said “Portfolio > Add New” where you would add the image for the portfolio.

In order to have the portfolio appear in the gallery you need to add the portfolio shortcode to the page, so simply paste “[portfolio]” into the gallery page and it would display the portfolio.

Best Regards,
Support