Gutenberg compatibility issue for Shapely Homepage Widgets

Hi There,
Is there an update to the Shapely Theme that will allow easy Homepage changes via the Shapely Customizer and Widgets panels? My PHP version, Wordpress version and Shapely Theme are all up to date, but since the Gutenberg release, I can’t edit the Homepage Widgets. These are errors I am getting when I try to access the Homepage Widgets:

The “shapely-page-content” block was affected by errors and may not function properly. Check the developer tools for more details.

The “shapely_home_parallax” block was affected by errors and may not function properly. Check the developer tools for more details. [There are 5 instances of this error, which I assume corresponds to the number of sections on the Homepage].

I’d appreciate any help you can offer to allow edits via the Customizer and Widgets panels. Thanks!

Hi there

are you using the Github version of Shapely? GitHub - ColorlibHQ/shapely: Free multipurpose WordPress theme built using Bootstrap

No, I’m not using the Github version of Shapely.

Actually, on second look, I guess I am.

Hello? No replies here. I guess I’ll ditch Shapely and rebuild since the homepage is totally unusable for the client to make changes now.

I had downloaded Shapely from the Colorlib website because I have used your themes before and they were easy to use for a lay-person (Big Thanks!). This site was published before Gutenberg was rolled out. Since Shapely relies on Widgets for the homepage–it was great for the client to go in and update things. Since Gutenberg, the homepage widgets do not resolve–just a loading spinner forever. Very disappointing.

Hi @TDW

Sorry about that, the problem is reported but I can’t say when it will be fixed.
Not sure if this solution works but try to disable Gutenberg:

Regards