Help Making a Few Modifications for Sparkling theme

hello,

I am loving this theme so far. I am currently trying to attempt to make a couple of modifications on this theme.

1. The first modification I am trying to make is direct the header text to a different page. Currently when you click the header text you are directed to the homepage. How can I direct this to a different link?

2. Another modification I am trying to make is to remove the date and comments text and icons and replace it with my own text link.

3. The last and final modification I am trying to make is to remove the date in the “popular posts.” I cannot find the place to remove this. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

I have attached pictures of one, two, and three for better reference

1. You can do it by editing this line on header.php file:

<span class="site-name"><a class="navbar-brand" href="<?php echo esc_url( home_url( '/' ) ); ?>" title="<?php echo esc_attr( get_bloginfo( 'name', 'display' ) ); ?>" rel="home"><?php bloginfo( 'name' ); ?></a></span>

For example, if you want to point header text to Google you would edit it like this:

<span class="site-name"><a class="navbar-brand" href="http://google.com" title="<?php echo esc_attr( get_bloginfo( 'name', 'display' ) ); ?>" rel="home"><?php bloginfo( 'name' ); ?></a></span>

You can use any URL there.

1. To edit author name and post date and other metadata you should edit this in two separate places. For blog page related code you can find on content.php file and it looks like this:
<div class="entry-meta">
	<?php sparkling_posted_on(); ?><?php if ( ! post_password_required() && ( comments_open() || '0' != get_comments_number() ) ) : ?>
<span class="comments-link"><i class="fa fa-comment-o"></i><?php comments_popup_link( __( 'Leave a comment', 'sparkling' ), __( '1 Comment', 'sparkling' ), __( '% Comments', 'sparkling' ) ); ?></span>
<?php endif; ?>

For single post view you should edit this information on content-single.php file and code looks like this:

<div class="entry-meta">
	<?php sparkling_posted_on(); ?>

<?php
		/* translators: used between list items, there is a space after the comma */
		$categories_list = get_the_category_list( __( ', ', 'sparkling' ) );
		if ( $categories_list && sparkling_categorized_blog() ) :
	?>
	<span class="cat-links"><i class="fa fa-folder-open-o"></i>
		<?php printf( __( ' %1$s', 'sparkling' ), $categories_list ); ?>
	</span>
	<?php endif; // End if categories ?>
	<?php edit_post_link( __( 'Edit', 'sparkling' ), '<i class="fa fa-pencil-square-o"></i><span class="edit-link">', '</span>' ); ?>

</div><!-- .entry-meta -->
  1. Hiding post date from popular post widget is the easiest task and you can accomplish it by adding this text to Theme Options - Other - Custom CSS:
.sparkling-popular-posts .date {
    display: none !important;
}