Help with image caption

Hey! Before I start my question I just want to say that the sparkling theme is awesome! there was one little thing I wanted to change. In the attached image, this is how an image with a caption looks with the caption of “hello this is a test”. 1) there is a black box around the entire image and 2) the font is huge. How can I make it more like the images that are shown in https://markmanson.net/life-purpose (shown in the second screen shot)? if you notice 1) there is NO black box around the image and 2) the font is smaller

I want to take out the black box around the image and caption as well as make the caption font smaller without effecting the font of the rest of the theme. Please advise and thanks again for an awesome theme!

I want to remove the black box as depicted by the red in the screen shot and I want to make the words only under the image to match the size of the one in the markmanson.net example

Hi @grandmarose,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can try achieving this by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of the latest version of Sparkling theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Additional CSS

figure.wp-caption {
    border: 0;
}

.wp-caption .wp-caption-text {
    font-size: 15px;
}

Best Regards,
Movin