Hide menu and show a login in its place

Movin,

Without going too much into why I want to do it (I’m trying to create a front end data entry screen), I would like to disable the menu completely in the header.php on a certain password protected page and add a login box in there instead.

I have created a new full width template, (which I also need a little help with) and I have created an alternate footer-blank.php which I manged to disable the standard footer in, but I just can’t seem to get the header bit happening. I have tried creating a file called header-blank.php and header-alt.php, trying only to remove the menu, but it breaks the page when I implement it.

On the subject of the Blank template I created for this, how can I make the entire screen, from one edge to the other or at least 95% of the available screen space available, it doesn’t need to be responsive as it will only be for desktop data entry.

This is a Real Estate website I am building and the owner wants it to look like his old Drupal site data entry screen, which means getting right away from the standard Wordpress Admin Panel and this is about the only idea I have managed to come up with.

Attached is a screenshot mock up of what I am hoping to achieve, the page currently only has an image filling the content area.

Kindest Regards
Bam Bam

Hi Bam Bam,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

Without going too much into why I want to do it (I’m trying to create a front end data entry screen), I would like to disable the menu completely in the header.php on a certain password protected page and add a login box in there instead.

To achieve this you have overwrite the header.php file in your child theme and wrap the function call dazzling_header_menu in the condition is_page to prevent it displaying on certain page and display the login box there instead.

<?php 
if( ! is_page( 121 ) ){
	dazzling_header_menu(); 
} else{
	// Add login box code here
}
?>

Change the page ID 121 in the above to your password protected page and add the login box code as stated above. To display log in form you can use the function wp_login_form

I have created a new full width template, (which I also need a little help with) and I have created an alternate footer-blank.php which I manged to disable the standard footer in, but I just can’t seem to get the header bit happening. I have tried creating a file called header-blank.php and header-alt.php, trying only to remove the menu, but it breaks the page when I implement it.

By default the Dazzling theme provides Full Width template so why are you creating a new one?

And if you want to create new one then you can create it easily by copying the existing full width template file page-fullwidth.php and modify it.

Please advise.

On the subject of the Blank template I created for this, how can I make the entire screen, from one edge to the other or at least 95% of the available screen space available, it doesn’t need to be responsive as it will only be for desktop data entry.

You can make the content width to 95% of the available screen size by using the following CSS code.

div#content {
  width: 95%;
}

Best Regards,
Movin