Hide specific WordPress static page title

Hello,

I am using the Sparkling Child Theme and have made the home page a static page with RH sidebar (by replacing the front-page.php file with the contents of page.php, as advised by Aigars.)

I would like to hide the page title on this one page. Nothing I have tried has worked. Can you advise me as how to do this?

Many thanks!

Hi @delali,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Could you please share the page link where you want to hide the page title so that we can help you to achieve it?

Kind Regards,
Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Vinod,

Thank you for your reply. Here is the page URL:ellenmoyerphd.com/

Best,

Delali

Hi Delali,

To hide the page title of home page try adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS Theme options displayed on the below path in your admin area.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Options -> Other Tab -> Custom CSS

body.home .entry-title {
    display: none;
}

Best Regards,
Vinod Dalvi

@Vinod,

It worked perfectly. Thank you so much!

Best,

Delali

You are most welcome, if i can be of any further assistance please don’t hesitate to ask :slight_smile:

Finding this post very usefull. But using this disable both page and post titles. And I’d like to keep the post title in slider. Any clue ?

“Finding this post very usefull. But using this disable both page and post titles. And I’d like to keep the post title in slider. Any clue ?”

Yes, I have the same issue. Finding that the custom CSS given removes both the Page Title and the Post Title in the slider. Would like to retain Post Titles. Any help appreciated.

@pragmatic

You can hide page titles by using a bit more specific CSS. This will only hide page titles on the actual pages and will leave them in place for Posts and slider.

.page .page-header {
}

Let me know if this helps.

@Aigars

Works perfectly! Many thanks. Great theme with great support.

Hi, I just install Unite theme and run it on my localhost. How can I hide the title on Home page? I tried the custom css you mention before but it doesn’t seems to work. The home page still in Draft mode though.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Options -> Other Tab -> Custom CSS

body.home .entry-title {
}

@cerfort

If you are using static page on front page then there can’t be any title unless you have modified some core files.

if this is not the case then make sure to bring your website online and post URL/IP address and I will try to help you from there. You can also leave this for the final steps because it is very simple modification and you will be able to do this change on a live website as well.

Hello,

I am using the Unite wordpress theme.
I would like to remove the page title’s on all of the pages.
I cannot seem to figure out how to do this. Any ideas?
The website I am doing is acsbest.net

Thanks,
Miri

You can hide all page titles for Unite WordPress theme by adding this simple CSS to Appearance >> Theme Options >> Other >> Custom CSS.

.page .entry-title {
}

Let me know if you need any further assistance.